Poetic Licence - marquee
Grannie Annie’s- balcony
Queen Vic - car park converted into a beer garden
The Harbour View - tables outside
The Wolsey - beer garden
The Albion - beer garden
The Avenue - beer garden

I’m going to SR6
I wonder how many will allow people to rock up without booking? Grannie Annie’s has unlimited capacity out front for a start.

The Barnes and the Rosedene, made no effort last year after the first lockdown to have decent seating outside, they both could have made a killing. They are both living off past glories, the Barnes only interested in selling shit food, and the rosedene needed a makeover 10 years ago, the front entrance stinks of piss when you walk in and the carpets in the main bar are thread bare.
The Rosie went downhill after John left for the sunlit uplands of the Lakes.

Have any pubs in the town developed or created a beer garden so that they can open in April?

Surely a few will have stuck some TVs up?
I reckon we should be able to gan round the town with our own deck chair and foldable table, knotted hankies optional. Sunderland council should close the roads in the town, can u imagine the nightlife if this was to happen, oh and bring a brolly in case it pisses down...I’m still dreaming like

Ro
The Barnes and the Rosedene, made no effort last year after the first lockdown to have decent seating outside, they both could have made a killing. They are both living off past glories, the Barnes only interested in selling shit food, and the rosedene needed a makeover 10 years ago, the front entrance stinks of piss when you walk in and the carpets in the main bar are thread bare.
Rosedene toilets have stunk of piss since vaux shut
The south side is terrible for pubs like
South side is terrible for everything

Last edited:
Agree with all this , both could be goldmines , even more so the Barnes as ideal location , use to be chocka 70/80s , now a bland shitty soul less Toby carvery ffs

Park Lane is missing a trick having a properly policed tabled area on the paved bit.

Not that I'll be there like, I'll just be listening for the sirens. :lol:

Back