Beckham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of people think its acceptable to drive 60 in a 40 ? In that case im pleased to be in the minority who think its unacceptable. However thats not the point anyway.

Isn’t it? I think that’s tied up in it.

In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if someone paid off the company to ‘receive’ the letter late.

Not saying that he has done that mind. But I wouldn’t be surprised if someone did

Isn’t it? I think that’s tied up in it.

In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if someone paid off the company to ‘receive’ the letter late.

Not saying that he has done that mind. But I wouldn’t be surprised if someone did
If the court of law dictates no fine and no points that's the end of it. The fact you suggest it wouldn't be surprising if someone was paid to send the letter late just says to me that theres absolutely no reasoning with you.

Nah, you have to receive the initial letter within 14 days.

Mine take about 3 months to get to me by the time it gets from the lease company to my company to me. I reckon I could probably attempt to challenge some of mine on the same technicality as Beckham.

It leads to the fact I could just ask my lease company to leave it a day later before they “accept” it. Likewise anyone can...

I reckon Bentley have done it to protect one of their clients.

Seriously I got fined £100 for an offence in March 2017 got the letter in July - paid the twat - should I challenge this or is it too late?

If the court of law dictates no fine and no points that's the end of it. The fact you suggest it wouldn't be surprising if someone was paid to send the letter late just says to me that theres absolutely no reasoning with you.

No worries mate. I suppose the concept of lateness is a fuzzy one to you, all things considered.

People saying he should just pay it :lol:
Why should he 'just pay it ? Because hes rich and famous ? Its been proven in a court of law that he doesnt need to do anything.

He wanted to squirm out of the offence so went to this bloke who then thought this is the easiest £100k I'll ever make.

I accept it's the law, but the 14 day limit is totally arbitrary and the fact remains that (a) he committed the offence and (b) he paid someone to get him off the hook. If it hadn't been the 14 day limit then it would have been some bullshit: busting for a shite or trying to get away from paparazzi.

Too late... But aye, it’s absolutely 14 days for the initial letter.

Thanks mate I’ll know shoukd it happen again first time ever been caught driving for years - 46 in a 40 (shields road bypass where they hide above you which again I think is technically illegal/ not allowed). I’m not saying speeding is right but absolutely no danger to public there no pedestrians anywhere near - just a money making exercise and they can’t even do the bureaucracy correctly..

Thanks mate I’ll know shoukd it happen again first time ever been caught driving for years - 46 in a 40 (shields road bypass where they hide above you which again I think is technically illegal/ not allowed). I’m not saying speeding is right but absolutely no danger to public there no pedestrians anywhere near - just a money making exercise and they can’t even do the bureaucracy correctly..
When you go on a speed awareness they point you to a website which shows you that every place where there’s a camera there’s been an accident.

Seriously I got fined £100 for an offence in March 2017 got the letter in July - paid the twat - should I challenge this or is it too late?

Depends on the reason, I appealed one once as I got it months later but it turned out I hadnt updated DVLA with my address so I was at fault and was opening myself up to another potential fine

Agree, the court has determined he has no charge because of a technicality. Fact remains though he was driving 59 in a 40 which is pretty poor form from anyone, could probably do with a speed awareness course....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back