Beckham

Nope, why not take the rap for speeding 59 in a 40?

why take the rap for something you don't have to?

Given the option of paying the fine, getting points on your license and then seeing your insurance go up, you would just sit down and pay? Or would you, like most of us use the loophole thrown your way to save you a large amount of wedge.

Remember people like Beckham don't have a normal insurance policy like you and me, they have a whole different level of insurance and when their policies increase its not in the hundreds....

Nope, why not take the rap for speeding 59 in a 40?

He admitted to it. He didn't face prosecution as he wasn't notified in the correct timeframe

why take the rap for something you don't have to?

Given the option of paying the fine, getting points on your license and then seeing your insurance go up, you would just sit down and pay? Or would you, like most of us use the loophole thrown your way to save you a large amount of wedge.

Remember people like Beckham don't have a normal insurance policy like you and me, they have a whole different level of insurance and when their policies increase its not in the hundreds....

I reckon he's probably got a few bob like

People saying he should just pay it :lol:
Why should he 'just pay it ? Because hes rich and famous ? Its been proven in a court of law that he doesnt need to do anything.

Aye but I’m not a celebrity mate. I think the front pages of today’s newspapers have harmed his image, and we know how important that is to him.
Harmed his image to idiots. Theres no good reason at all for him to pay his fine and take his points when he doesnt need to. No sane person would do that.

Harmed his image to idiots. Theres no good reason at all for him to pay his fine and take his points when he doesnt need to. No sane person would do that.

The lasting impression that will be left on peoples minds IMO is that he’s dodged paying a fine with expensive lawyers when he’s hardly skint.

Let’s not forget, he WAS doing 60 in a 40, which if he knew it was a 40, makes him a total prick regardless

Aye but I’m not a celebrity mate. I think the front pages of today’s newspapers have harmed his image, and we know how important that is to him.

In less than a month nobody will remember this bullshit... He'll still be David Beckham former England captain...

He admitted to it. He didn't face prosecution as he wasn't notified in the correct timeframe

Ah, ok the extremely expensive lawyer representing him to avoid the speeding charge didn’t happen then....

Given his profile etc, why not take the rap and highlight speeding, rather than employ an expensive lawyer to avoid it.....

Harmed his image to anyone that thinks it's acceptable to drive 60 in a 40 zone is quite a lot of people.

He has admitted to speeding, he isn't getting convicted because the coppers fucked up. I've appealed a fine on the 14 day rule before. It's not a technicality it's the rules not being followed correctly

What’s the 14 day rule? I thought they had up to 6 months to fine you for speeding?

Harmed his image to anyone that thinks it's acceptable to drive 60 in a 40 zone is quite a lot of people.
Lots of people think its acceptable to drive 60 in a 40 ? In that case im pleased to be in the minority who think its unacceptable. However thats not the point anyway.

What’s the 14 day rule? I thought they had up to 6 months to fine you for speeding?
Nah, you have to receive the initial letter within 14 days.

Mine take about 3 months to get to me by the time it gets from the lease company to my company to me. I reckon I could probably attempt to challenge some of mine on the same technicality as Beckham.

It leads to the fact I could just ask my lease company to leave it a day later before they “accept” it. Likewise anyone can...

I reckon Bentley have done it to protect one of their clients.

Last edited:
Lots of people think its acceptable to drive 60 in a 40 ? In that case im pleased to be in the minority who think its unacceptable. However thats not the point anyway.
Sorry I meant unacceptable

Back