Beatles - White Album

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackpunch

Central Defender
Looks like it's been too long since a similar thread so... 4 sides of genius or a sad case of over self indulgent twatfulness that could have been the best single album ever.

Reckon Happiness and Everyone has something to hide are so good it drags the shite that is Revolution No9 and Martha My f***ing dear into something listenable.......

Although fuck me they really are twatful

Looks like it's been too long since a similar thread so... 4 sides of genius or a sad case of over self indulgent twatfulness that could have been the best single album ever.

Reckon Happiness and Everyone has something to hide are so good it drags the shite that is Revolution No9 and Martha My f***ing dear into something listenable.......

Although fuck me they really are twatful
Martha My Dear's class, ya berk. Dear Prudence, Blackbird, Happiness Is A Warm Gun, While My Guitar Gently Weeps are all brilliant. I like that there's an equal number of experimental daft tracks, it makes it unique.

If I was to trim it down I'd go

Back in the USSR
Dear Prudence
Glass Onion
Ob La Di,Ob La Da
Bungalow Bill
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Happiness is a Warm Gun
I'm So Tired
Blackbird
Yer Blues
Mother Natures Son
Everybodys Got Something To Hide..
Sexy Sadie
Helter Skelter
Revolution 1
Cry Baby Cry

That's still 16 songs though and I've ditched good ones like Julia and other beatles classics. Even if some of the other tracks aren't brilliant, they're all there to hear. Its a good album overall and gives an insight into the beginnings of the end of the beatles. Hey Jude was also recorded in the white album sessions which could've went on there
I like it overall though. Would not want to change it

Martha My Dear's class, ya berk. Dear Prudence, Blackbird, Happiness Is A Warm Gun, While My Guitar Gently Weeps are all brilliant. I like that there's and equal number of experimental daft tracks, it makes it unique.

Martha's f***ing tough to get through. Not my cup of tea at all. Happiness might be my favourite Beatles song. Hate the fact that Clapton is on While my guitar....he's a tool

Back in the USSR
Dear Prudence
Glass Onion
Ob La Di,Ob La Da
Bungalow Bill
Happiness is a Warm Gun
I'm So Tired
Blackbird
Yer Blues
Mother Natures Son
Sexy Sadie
Helter Skelter
Revolution 1
Cry Baby Cry

That's still 16 songs though and I've ditched good ones like Julia and other beatles classics. Even if some of the other tracks aren't brilliant, they're all there to hear. Its a good album overall and gives an insight into the beginnings of the end of the beatles. Hey Jude was also recorded in the white album sessions which could've went on there

Spot on. Brill post

Martha's f***ing tough to get through. Not my cup of tea at all. Happiness might be my favourite Beatles song. Hate the fact that Clapton is on While my guitar....he's a tool
Love it , me like. Don't mind Clapton either, never really think about it when I listen to the song.

Back in the USSR
Dear Prudence
Glass Onion
Ob La Di,Ob La Da
Bungalow Bill
Happiness is a Warm Gun
I'm So Tired
Blackbird
Yer Blues
Mother Natures Son
Sexy Sadie
Helter Skelter
Revolution 1
Cry Baby Cry

I'd have Long, Long, Long, which is the best song, on there

Piggies has to be on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back