Beatles - White Album

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I read an interview with McCartney saying that him and Lennon were really into some of the avant garde classical stuff at the time.

I tried listening to some Stockhausen years ago and found it completely f***ing weird. Might try again at some point to see if I still think the same now.

Lennon was also heavily influenced by the American experimental composer John Cage. Revolution 9 is certainly a nod towards some of Cage's work.

I'm sure I read an interview with McCartney saying that him and Lennon were really into some of the avant garde classical stuff at the time.

I tried listening to some Stockhausen years ago and found it completely f***ing weird. Might try again at some point to see if I still think the same now.
Yes, I've watched a few docs where it's been mentioned, McCartney was the first Beatle to use tape loops, as far as I know, he was involved in a lot of stuff that he was never credited for.
I think Jane Asher's family turned him on to various music he would never have been introduced to without their influence.

The wu tang totally passed me by tbh but one of my old mates was absolutely obsessed
They're amazing. They've done 6 or 7 albums and each of their nine members have done at least 2 or 3 solo albums each - a lot of which are brilliant. There like a separate genre all by themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back