Beale convinced Hjelde to sign

Nowhere in that article does it say that Beale convinced Hjelde to sign, or anything of the sort - all it revealed was that Beale had a conversation with Hjelde where he told him that with injuries he would be playing at left back, and Hjelde is happy with that.

A few signings under Mowbray said they’d spoken to him a good few times. I remember Triantis saying it for example.
Dack as well. A priority signing for Mowbray.

Great to see Beale is convincing players to join us, testament to the man's drive and ambitions for the club.

Last edited:
I get that the DOF will select potential players but this is the first time under this regime that I’ve heard of the manager get involved in convincing a player to come.

My take on this is that previous managers maybe wanted a more clear division between roles with them not choosing the players, whereas Beale is more on board with helping the club get players in.

Lee Johnson brought Ross Stewart and Winniesta in. And pushed for Danny Batth

I get that the DOF will select potential players but this is the first time under this regime that I’ve heard of the manager get involved in convincing a player to come.

My take on this is that previous managers maybe wanted a more clear division between roles with them not choosing the players, whereas Beale is more on board with helping the club get players in.

Nope…his Dad told him to sign

Telling him he would compete for the left back position is not convincing him to sign, did you expect him to say you will sit on the bench mate, just sign here

He's another play we've got who looks like he would be very good as a LCB in a 3, but can also play CB or LB. Good, versatile player with plenty of years of development ahead of him.

Sounds like he's happy to fill in at LB for the time being, but still sees himself as a CB.

Could be him or Seelt Partnering Onien next season with the relatively big fees the club have paid for the two.

I thought he made a decent to good debut. Solid defensively, looks decent in the air. Lost the ball occasionally, generally when trying to be positive. Seems to like getting forward.
This, also he got himself out of trouble with good pace which is a huge asset in his wing back role.

Well done Bealesy.

I'm holding my hand up on this one, I actually quite like the bloke (MB) after previously being very negative about him.

Tbf he did drive down to Ipswich in a lovely Nissan Juke, only 2 previous owners with only 30 thousand miles on the clock
Bit of an oxymoron, there.
Well done Bealesy.

I'm holding my hand up on this one, I actually quite like the bloke (MB) after previously being very negative about him.
WTF? It's bollocks, man! The thread title is a lie.

Last edited:

Back