Beale convinced Hjelde to sign

That article is a little ambiguous. Firstly, it looks like he didn’t know about our interest until not much time before he signed. Secondly, it doesn’t say if his first conversation with Beale was before or after he signed.

Still, a good acquisition and he seems impressed with us so far, so some positives all round.
Exactly,got the call day before signing.I thought Beale had took him to Ibiza for the weekend and plyied him with Estrella before signing.

I thought he was excellent on Sunday like. Reading the comments, most were generally positive, but not as good as I thought being there. Looks very different on the telly.
He is a bloody good player.... Happy with him on that performance, mind he is bound to have a mare the next game,

I thought he was excellent on Sunday like. Reading the comments, most were generally positive, but not as good as I thought being there. Looks very different on the telly.

Looked caught out of position a few times to me.
Very solid, brought physicality to team. Looked strong. On one performance only he’s not technically as good as Huggins and Cirkin but is after all a centre half and is a better defender than both.

Looked caught out of position a few times to me.
Very solid, brought physicality to team. Looked strong. On one performance only he’s not technically as good as Huggins and Cirkin but is after all a centre half and is a better defender than both.
Yeah thought you could see a decent player in there.

He makes some great points regarding the quality of the team and the inexperience compared to Leeds.

I think we could really cement a play off place if we had a leader in the middle alongside the fantastic Dan Neil, and a savvy forward, who at the very minimum, knows senior football and where the net is.

Hopefully if we were sincere in aspirations to sign Moore it shows that the recruitment team share this sentiment. It’s no coincidence three head coaches and counting all feel the same too.

That article is a little ambiguous. Firstly, it looks like he didn’t know about our interest until not much time before he signed. Secondly, it doesn’t say if his first conversation with Beale was before or after he signed.

Still, a good acquisition and he seems impressed with us so far, so some positives all round.
Think it's the thread title that's a little more mischievous.

I get that the DOF will select potential players but this is the first time under this regime that I’ve heard of the manager get involved in convincing a player to come.

My take on this is that previous managers maybe wanted a more clear division between roles with them not choosing the players, whereas Beale is more on board with helping the club get players in.

Or past managers not being interested in players being targeted by KS and SH.

Back