Beale convinced Hjelde to sign

nessen

Striker
I get that the DOF will select potential players but this is the first time under this regime that I’ve heard of the manager get involved in convincing a player to come.

My take on this is that previous managers maybe wanted a more clear division between roles with them not choosing the players, whereas Beale is more on board with helping the club get players in.

I get that the DOF will select potential players but this is the first time under this regime that I’ve heard of the manager get involved in convincing a player to come.

My take on this is that previous managers maybe wanted a more clear division between roles with them not choosing the players, whereas Beale is more on board with helping the club get players in.

A few signings under Mowbray said they’d spoken to him a good few times. I remember Triantis saying it for example.

I thought he was excellent on Sunday like. Reading the comments, most were generally positive, but not as good as I thought being there. Looks very different on the telly.

Looks a good prospect for us. Thought he did well on his debut and handled the occasion well. Never hid either when it got tough in that second half

That article is a little ambiguous. Firstly, it looks like he didn’t know about our interest until not much time before he signed. Secondly, it doesn’t say if his first conversation with Beale was before or after he signed.

Still, a good acquisition and he seems impressed with us so far, so some positives all round.

Don't really believe anything the club put out these days so I will take it with a dumpy bag of salt.

That being said, I thought Hjelde had an excellent debut. Good defensively and good with that ball. Full back cannot be an easy position for a predominately ch player who has been out of the first team but he did very well. Looked tired towards the end but that is to be expected.

Think we have a good player there.

Last edited:

Back