BBC salary day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not read the thread but...

Never mind the pay gap, the amounts being 'complained' about on air are an insult to the majority of people in this country. The fault lies with the management; not those who accept the ridiculous salaries; who would turn them down?

The BBC is funded by public money and therefore the staff there should be paid similarly to other publicly funded workers; including the rates of pay.

Each job should be evaluated and banded, with a minimum and maximum rate of pay in each scale. This means that the pay is determined by the role, rather than by gender or any other factor.

Given the amounts being talked about, the gap should be closed by reducing the pay for men, rather than increasing it for women.

It is wrong that there is a pay gap between the genders but I have to wonder if there would be a similar discussion about this if the statistics were reversed.

Seems nothing too outrageous on that list, apart from the wage Claudia Winkleman brings in. Talk about in your face sexism. If Dan Walker grew his fringe out and got a spray tan he could be earning a small fortune for half the effort.

All I'll say, NOT having read the report, is that if Chris Evans is near the top of the earners (as he will inevitably be) then, after having endured him for half an hour of seemingly interminable utterly pointless driveling inane wittering about f***ing chocolate brownies during my drive to work this morning I would happily and personally shoot him with a diahorea gun.

I turned over to Vixen FM. Very local to me and NO DJs at all. Then Rsdoo 4. Then back to Radio 2 - he was still chuntering on about chocolate brownies

His only redeeming feature is that he isn't Terry f***ing Wogan

All I'll say, NOT having read the report, is that if Chris Evans is near the top of the earners (as he will inevitably be) then, after having endured him for half an hour of seemingly interminable utterly pointless driveling inane wittering about f***ing chocolate brownies during my drive to work this morning I would happily and personally shoot him with a diahorea gun.

I turned over to Vixen FM. Very local to me and NO DJs at all. Then Rsdoo 4. Then back to Radio 2 - he was still chuntering on about chocolate brownies

His only redeeming feature is that he isn't Terry f***ing Wogan

Have a like. When he came back from his 'break' he was actually quite humble and tolerable. Didn't take long for him to revert to being a complete bell end.

Dunno why there is any outrage. It's a wonder they keep the talent they have considering how much other channels pay

They treat you like crap? Do you not just set up a direct debit?

Also your avatar is most ironic

Try moving house or miss a payment because you have changed bank accounts and have to phone them, they do treat you like crap - do you work for the BBC ?
I don't understand why my avatar is ironic, Edith loves it.

IIRC you don't need to intend to access live tv or services to require a licence, just need to own / use a device capable of doing so.

So if you have a TV with a games console plugged into it, you would need a TV licence even if you are only basically using it as a monitor for the console and have no intention of using the "TV" functionality
No,you only need a licence if you want to watch live tv,record live tv or catch up.Owning a television set has nothing to do with it at all.

surely at the end of his deal big ears will be offered a far less generous offer , no justification for his salary

Some people get bothered that teachers, soldiers, nurses, police and fire fighters aren't getting the minimum wage.

Not a soldier, but in the armed forces. We do get more than the minimum wage to be honest. It's not a badly paid job by any means.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some on here will begrudge you that.

I think some peoples opinions will probably never change.

My missus is a newly qualified nurse. Compared to my salary, I don't think she earns enough after hearing the stories from her on a daily basis.

Then again, I suppose you don't do certain jobs for the money.

Of course, since last leaving the BBC Peter Sissons has been quite happy to be part of a news organisation with a tad of a political bias in his role as a climate change denying Daily Mail columnist

Talking of political bias, the BBC continues to be part funded by EU funds.
It originally tried to hide the fact, then eventually only admitted to it when the freedom of information act was enforced.
This in itself negates any claim it may still have of neutrality.
It is ludricous to continue pretending it is independent and unbiased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back