BBC salary day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo when people are struggling it's unfair to pay others so much for doing a priveleged job. You can live comfortably without any worries on £100,000 a year. If they could tax everyone an extra 5% after that 100k and give it directly to the NHS maybe the hard working nurses and doctors wouldn't be stuggling as much. Of course it's fantasy like, don't worry im not under any illusions that the government want to save the NHS. I also hate Steve Wright with a passion
Would that apply to senior consultants etc in the NHS who earn higher than that?

Imo when people are struggling it's unfair to pay others so much for doing a priveleged job. You can live comfortably without any worries on £100,000 a year. If they could tax everyone an extra 5% after that 100k and give it directly to the NHS maybe the hard working nurses and doctors wouldn't be stuggling as much. Of course it's fantasy like, don't worry im not under any illusions that the government want to save the NHS. I also hate Steve Wright with a passion
They kind of do that anyway. Every £2k above £100k you lose £1k in tax allowance so effectively you are paying more as a % of your gross.

Peston must live on his own. If he shared a house with a family member or significant other, they would never let him go out looking like that.

On air, he has the relaxed air of a man who doesn't give a shit, is way too clever for all this, but knows he'll get paid regardless.

A severe arse kicking is required for that one.
Since his missus died of cancer, he does I think.

Cant agree there @Harry Angstrom. 50% tax is unfair - especially when they are paying more tax in a year than most people will in their entire working life time.
Yet the poorest pay a far greater proportion of their earnings in tax than the rich do.

Do you honestly believe that the poor should be paying even more ? Are you one of these who believe that the poor deserve to be poor, and should be punished for being so ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-council-tax-vat-equality-trust-a7704331.html

Since his missus died of cancer, he does I think.
Someone should buy him a mirror.

The official info says the actors spend about two weeks per episode filming, three weeks for the Christmas episode, so that's six months a year not including any other preparation work, post production recording work and publicity appearances and suchlike. I reckon it's enough to keep them busy for about 8 months of the year.
It's probably realistic, many of the actors in Doctor Who move on because they can't do other things with the schedule they have.

Doctors struggling! They are one of the highest paid professions in the UK!

Your average doctor will or should be in around a hundred grand m

Funny how this seems to be getting more people up in arms than the pension news announced yesterday. Which was impeccably timed by the government.

Funny how this seems to be getting more people up in arms than the pension news announced yesterday. Which was impeccably timed by the government.
The irony on the running order and presentation on the 6 o'clock news last night was sublime.

Announce the figures, switch the focus to how "poorly" paid women and minorities are, read out by Clive Myrie, putting in a double shift while Huw Edwards and George Alagiah were "rested", then on to the next article hammering those long-suffering tax-payers by announcing they'll have to work yet another year before they can draw their pension.

If Carling did running orders ...

I think if you are going to be a high tax society you absolutely positively have to show that people are getting something back for that, and that waste is minimised.
Well when we live in a society that gives multi billion pound loans to organisations like banks who are about to fail due to absolute incompetence from middle management up, and then to add insult to injury we use some of that money to pay bonuses to the incompetents then society has a right not to believe anyone in charge.

Well when we live in a society that gives multi billion pound loans to organisations like banks who are about to fail due to absolute incompetence from middle management up, and then to add insult to injury we use some of that money to pay bonuses to the incompetents then society has a right not to believe anyone in charge.

We have recouped all the money we loaned to Lloyds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back