BBC salary day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to them all. They get paid what their bosses think they are worth.No one on here would turn it down if offered it.
Compared to what other channels are paying their reality Stars.....

No, I don't believe I said that anywhere....
Yet by implication, you believe that the wealthy should pay less tax, and therefore the poor should be paying proportionately more.

Unless you want to reduce the tax take, so that services and infrastructure fall apart even faster than they already are.

Make your mind up. Whose side are you on ?

Yet by implication, you believe that the wealthy should pay less tax, and therefore the poor should be paying proportionately more.

Unless you want to reduce the tax take, so that services and infrastructure fall apart even faster than they already are.

I doubt anyone would need to pay more tax if everyone paid what they were supposed to, poor and wealthy included.

I never said they should pay less, I said taxing (incl NI) them further than the current almost 50% seemed to be a bit unfair. I've not mentioned either increasing or lowering tax rates for anyone.

All I ask as well, marra. Anything less than that is unpatriotic in my view.

I would be more interested to know how much tax and NI all these BBC staff are paying, particularly Graham Norton being paid via his 'production company'.

Apparently Tennant was paid £1 million a year for the role.

Capaldi can't even claim it's down to him being Scottish.

I don't think that gender has much to do with a person's ability to read a script or interview a subject it certainly does not require any physical ability as does a sport.

The BBC has had women newsreaders and announcers for many years and yet they themselves admit that the disparity in pay clearly shows a division between male and female. If people were treated fairly one would have expected there to be either no or only a small disparity in salaries.

As far as "supply and demand" goes in the broadcasting business the BBC has for years been able to make or break people's careers by having full control over the amount of exposure that they allow an individual to have. Look at how at one stage Stephen Fry seemed to turn up on everything and there are many other similar examples of this. On the other hand I always go back to the case of Simon Dee. He was a very popular DJ in the late 60's with a peak time TV show that had tens of millions of viewers. He was certainly a difficult man but when he crossed the BBC his entire career was absolute toast within a few months he ended up as a milkman at one stage. I am sure that if the BBC chose to do so they could promote the career of anyone of their choice - it's just showbiz after all.

Not excusing the past but my point is the discrepancies don't appear to be where two people are doing the exact same job. As Dan Walker pointed out he and Louise get paid the same for BBC Breakfast, he get's more because of his other work.

Last edited:
It's virtually meaningless information isn't it really?

Norton gets paid whatever because he produces the programme. Eddie Mair gets paid whatever because he presents something virtually every day. Gabbie Logan appears once in a blue moon and seems to be handsomely rewarded for that.

It's not even complete information. Anyone that gets paid through an independent production company is missing.

The whole affair is total bollocks.

Capaldi can't even claim it's down to him being Scottish.

Not excusing the past but my point is the discrepancies don't appear to be where two people are doing the exact same job. As Dan Walker pointed out he and Louise get paid the same for BBC Breakfast, he get's more because of his other work.
If I was a rival network I would sign Dan Walker up tmrw. Brilliant him like.

Funny how this seems to be getting more people up in arms than the pension news announced yesterday. Which was impeccably timed by the government.
Just talking about this today. I guess yesterday was a great day to bury bad news. News which will heavily impact on millions of people as their dreams of retirement and a reasonable pension fritter away.

We have recouped all the money we loaned to Lloyds.
After 10 years of austerity for the rest of us while huge bonuses were doled out to those who caused this mess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back