BBC Newcastle Total sport

They force feed us shit about Berwick, Gateshead, Falcons etc. Nobody f***ing cares.

I'm sure the Gateshead fans listening enjoy those bits. Same as the rugby fans will enjoy the Falcons bits.
Plenty of Newcastle and Sunderland fans have an interest in Gateshead and in rugby. Same as there's lots of cricket fans. The show is mainly dedicated to Newcastle and Sunderland, but so what if a small part of the show is given to other sports or other teams. It's a minor inconvenience on an otherwise decent local show. Much better than the Three Legends, which was full of adverts and silly noises and rubbish humour.

To me there should be more local sport included, athletics, cricket, rugger, whatever. It gets a bit repetitive with just us n mags sll time.

I'm sure the Gateshead fans listening enjoy those bits. Same as the rugby fans will enjoy the Falcons bits.
Plenty of Newcastle and Sunderland fans have an interest in Gateshead and in rugby. Same as there's lots of cricket fans. The show is mainly dedicated to Newcastle and Sunderland, but so what if a small part of the show is given to other sports or other teams. It's a minor inconvenience on an otherwise decent local show. Much better than the Three Legends, which was full of adverts and silly noises and rubbish humour.

Yes it's a decent show. And yes it's a small price to pay. But the filler stuff is turgid to most and we'll likely get more with it now a two hour show.

The worst thing is Pryde f***ing on about Berwick. Who gives a fuck? Who ever rings up to talk about the local teams?
It's always quite amusing mind when Spennymoor stuff Blyth and they pretend it hasn't happened.

Agree about the Three Legends. I'm surprised Operation Yewtree hasn't asked for the old tapes.

I find the show fairly drab so don’t listen, simple enough.

This isn’t aimed directly at you and more of a general point to this type of comment, but to call one of our recent legends during my lifetime certainly (I’m post 73, and Gary Rowell) isn’t on.

Marco can talk all the shite he wants on a radio show I don’t listen to, but I’ll still never say a bad word about him, massive part in lifting us from division 3 to old division 1, 1 in 2 goals record, mag slayer, the list goes on.

I never here Mag fans saying similar about Shearer no matter what they think about him on MOTD.

Shearer is good on MOTD though so no comparison.

He is under no obligation to run his life around Sunderland AFC anymore, he’s gave us enough.

If you have a problem with a part time follower being on the radio as a Sunderland representative then your beef should be with Radio Newcastle not him.

And these constant Derby snipes by others are pathetic.

Can you imagine if the Mags went on like that about Shearer and Blackburn man, get a grip of yourselves.

Can you imagine if John Anderson turned up every Monday saying he couldn’t give an opinion as he was watching another game.

Marco gives a good insight into the professional game and doesn't just provide the populist answer. He often offers a well-thought alternative to the obvious, often knee-jerk thoughts of many a caller. I would argue he thinks about his answers carefully and is far more articulate than Anderson who never really wants to offer a real opinion or anything that could be considered remotely controversial or unpopular.

Sun FM or Spark FM should sort one out Wear FM used have a good phone in on a Saturday morning.

I think it is a pretty good programme - it has to cover a number of bases, not all of them interesting to everybody I agree.

Besides, it must be doing something right as the listening figures are up. The guests are usually balanced in their views and Pryde keeps it gently moving along.

We need a BBC Wearside.

Maybe Stewart and some of the podcast lads could sort it out (once promotion is sorted...)
Aa long as it reaches north northumberland...mlfs all ower yer kna...

I think it is a pretty good programme - it has to cover a number of bases, not all of them interesting to everybody I agree.

Besides, it must be doing something right as the listening figures are up. The guests are usually balanced in their views and Pryde keeps it gently moving along.
Not a bad radio station on the whole just a very stupid name.

I'm only really interested in hearing about SAFC not the skunks cricket rugby travel news etc nonsense.

I'm only really interested in hearing about SAFC not the skunks cricket rugby travel news etc nonsense.

Exactly. I listen on the way home from graft. Regularly I use the A19, regularly it's on the traffic reports with problems. Never have I have changed my route because of it:lol:. As an aside on the way to Morcambe yesterday I BBC Cumbria came on and it was the bloke that does the traffic report on BBC Newcastle. Bloody traitor.

Exactly. I listen on the way home from graft. Regularly I use the A19, regularly it's on the traffic reports with problems. Never have I have changed my route because of it:lol:. As an aside on the way to Morcambe yesterday I BBC Cumbria came on and it was the bloke that does the traffic report on BBC Newcastle. Bloody traitor.
May as well use a recording and sack him. The same announcement is made every day.

I mean what does the fella actually do all day to analyse the traffic on the same few pinch points.

Back