Basic knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

The actual Commonwealth = 'the organisers of an athletics tournament where big countries like USA & Russia aren't allowed to compete' :)

Just remembered another, my mates bird worked at the customer service point at one of the big supermarkets and someone brought back an instant barbecue because it didn't have any of the sausages etc inside that were on the box cover... they had another one in the freezer at home!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just remembered another, my mates bird worked at the customer service point at one of the big supermarkets and someone brought back an instant barbecue because it didn't have any of the sausages etc inside that were on the box cover... they had another one in the freezer at home!
The fact they were just out in the aisles with no refrigeration obviously wasn’t enough of a sign then?

The fact they were just out in the aisles with no refrigeration obviously wasn’t enough of a sign then?

Bit of a side observation here, but a lot of supermarkets put raw meat which goes out of date that day and is subsequently heavily discounted on unrefrigerated trollies near the till.

If it’s due to go out of date bang on midnight, a great way to ensure the bacteria multiply to dangerous levels is to sit it in ambient temperatures.

Tesco at the Board Inn and the Coop at Moor lane both do this.

Having to explain to the lad driving that the sun rises in the east and sets in west and that was why I knew we were going the wrong way. Cost us half an hour and thirty kilometre detour.

Like the YTS council worker I know who had his first job at Chester Park in the early 90s. While replacing turf behind the tennis courts the gaffer has to remind him 3 times “green side up”. Worryingly he later went on to be a team leader at the passport office in Durham.

Bit of a side observation here, but a lot of supermarkets put raw meat which goes out of date that day and is subsequently heavily discounted on unrefrigerated trollies near the till.

If it’s due to go out of date bang on midnight, a great way to ensure the bacteria multiply to dangerous levels is to sit it in ambient temperatures.

Tesco at the Board Inn and the Coop at Moor lane both do this.
I know you’ve posted two examples, but I’ve never saw that & I'm the yella sticker king.

I have lost count of the times I have watched quizzes on TV when the contestants have said that Geography is not their subject, it is almost always women.Come to think of it, they also say the same thing about History.

Precisely what I was saying to my lass the other day

Used to work with a woman who, when I told her I had watched 'Drain the Ocean' on TV , re the Titanic, she asked me if they had actually done that, and how come it had worked so well, she was a bit bemused when I told her they had not, and it was done with computers.
how many were you up to when you lost count?

Reactions: Hep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back