Barton alleged to have assaulted oppo manager in tunnel post match....

A football supporter taking out their frustration on a rival supporter would see them getting a 10 year banning order and handing their passport in every time England are playing.

This is no different, he should be banned from every football stadium in the country if found guilty!!!
Yr not wrong marra

Just a bit of devils advocate ;)

FWIW I hope he is at fault and gets his marching orders.

I'd usually agree and say wait and see, but I'd be absolutely amazed if he hasnt just seen red and smacked him, its what he has done his whole life

He is the same as his brother in certain traits

Anyone know if by drawing blood from an assault on a victim then the assault is escalated to GBH?

I think he’ll get locked up for section 47 assault but charged with common assault,
Pretty sure the charging standards for police and cps differ on this one ,
Might be wrong like , I’ve been out of the job a while

hearing from a Barnsley mate of mine that a certian MR B is helping police with their inquiries after allegedly head butting the Barnsley manager in the tunnel

His PR firm have tried to change his appearance but a leopard doesn't change its spots. Blokes a thug and should be nowhere near football.

If it proves to be true then it should be the end for him in football but it probably won't be. Look at Suárez, bitten opponents on 3 occasions. Was allowed to come back.

I think he’ll get locked up for section 47 assault but charged with common assault,
Pretty sure the charging standards for police and cps differ on this one ,
Might be wrong like , I’ve been out of the job a while
Thank you. Just something in back of my mind.

Back