Barton alleged to have assaulted oppo manager in tunnel post match....

Thank you. Just something in back of my mind.

Police can charge for gbh if he pleads guilty and he’d get a conviction for common assault ,
Any marks left after an assault and the polis will arrest for gbh but if it’s say , a black eye or bust nose he’d get convicted for common assault , I think .

the scumbag will probably claim self defence so the polis will have to take loads of statements to prove otherwise,
Of course it might have been self defence but I doubt it

If it proves to be true then it should be the end for him in football but it probably won't be. Look at Suárez, bitten opponents on 3 occasions. Was allowed to come back.
Let’s be honest though, Luis Suarez is one of the greatest footballers of his generation. A truly, world class phenomenon.

Joey Barton is a little shit house, journeyman footballer who has very little to offer the game.

I agree with your sentiment but the two individuals are worlds apart.

Let’s be honest though, Luis Suarez is one of the greatest footballers of his generation. A truly, world class phenomenon.

Joey Barton is a little shit house, journeyman footballer who has very little to offer the game.

I agree with your sentiment but the two individuals are worlds apart.
Nope. They are both shithouses who should be nowhere near the game.

Nope. They are both shithouses who should be nowhere near the game.
I would agree they are both shit houses but there’s a reason that Suarez is in the game and that’s my point. The reason isn’t that Suarez is a run of the mill English midfielder. It’s that he’s a world class, match winner.

Back