Barcelona

As has been said, Madrid is better than Barcelona but it’s still fantastic. I think if you’re relatively clued up there’s no chance you’re gonna get pickpocketed or scammed either.
I'd say 75% of those robbed are pissed up lads chatting to ladies of the night.
I wandered into a side street once and realised I'd made a mistake. Got approached by two women and I knew what was up so kept my hands firmly in my pockets, got my head down and got out of there.
A mate of mine is there now with his wife and 2 kids. Day 1, having dinner in Las Ramblas and his wife's bag and daughter's brand new (2 day old) phone were both stolen...

"welcome to barcelona" :cool:
Bit late for advice now but I learnt very early on in my travelling days to put the chair leg through the handle of your bag so nobody can run off with it.
I saw someone blatantly grab a bag and run off once and by the time people realise what's happened it's too late to react.

Last edited:

I'd say 75% of those robbed are pissed up lads chatting to ladies of the night.
I wandered into a side street once and realised I'd made a mistake. Got approached by two women and I knew what was up so kept my hands firmly in my pockets, got my head down and got out of there.

Not heard of anybody sound getting pickpocketed in Barcelona, go into the tourist areas and get yerself drunk then maybe

Lived in Barcelona for two years and never got robbed. Done over 20 year in Madrid and the only time I got my wallet nicked was when I 'fell asleep' in a dodgy square at 3 in the morning.
It happens in both cities. But its more common in Barcelona.

Lived in Barcelona for two years and never got robbed. Done over 20 year in Madrid and the only time I got my wallet nicked was when I 'fell asleep' in a dodgy square at 3 in the morning.
It happens in both cities. But its more common in Barcelona.

based on that evidence I am not sure how you came to that conclusion mind :)

Back