Barcelona

Heading there next week with the family (I know, look at me), anywhere we should/shouldn't go, any tips on where to eat and drink (cheap would be nice :lol:). Thanks in advance.

Some great seafood restaurants in the Port Olimpic area - in particular La Barca del Salamanca.

The Boqueria Market on Los Ramblas also has some great Tapas bars (not expensive).

Regarding the scams, I've been loads of times and had no issues - if you keep your wits about you as you would do normally you will have no problems

Last edited:
Ive said for fecking years all they need to do it pay a few brits to walk up n down ramblas and use undercover coppers or cctv to lock up a few hundred twats a day. Honestly would be that simple.

Highly recomend Grand Cafe for food though and this please is an absolute must.....

Last edited:
Ive said for fecking years all they need to do it pay a few brits to walk up n down ramblas and use undercover coppers or cctv to lock up a few hundred twats a day. Honestly would be that simple.

Highly recomend Grand Cafe for food though and this please is an absolute must.....
Why lock the thieving bastards up ?
This would be a much better deterrent. 👍

Logon or register to see this image

Coppers must be in on it

Barcelona is a City that has just been too succesful as a tourist destination. We went there for a wedding in October after having spent a lot of time there over a 5 year period about 15 to 20 years ago. This last time we fled after 3 hours. A lot of the charm gone, attractions swamped with tourists and the quirky places now taken over by global brands. Far better places for a long weekend in Spain. Malaga and Toledo are just two places which are far less stressed by tourism yet retain charm and dignity.

Barcelona is a City that has just been too succesful as a tourist destination. We went there for a wedding in October after having spent a lot of time there over a 5 year period about 15 to 20 years ago. This last time we fled after 3 hours. A lot of the charm gone, attractions swamped with tourists and the quirky places now taken over by global brands. Far better places for a long weekend in Spain. Malaga and Toledo are just two places which are far less stressed by tourism yet retain charm and dignity.
Add Valencia to those.

It's class.

Eye it’s not as good as you’d think.
Best city in Europe for me like. Was there two weeks ago and it was immense.
Hell of a city but definitely watch your pockets. Nou Camp tour is a must.
Aye, definitely, the tour was great. My advice beyond that would be take it easy, don't try and cram everything in, just enjoy being there, wandering down Las Ramblas etc.

Have to say, despite lots of warnings we never had any bother with our pockets or crowded spots etc that would make that shit easier.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong , I enjoyed my time there, but the indicator for me is would I go back and it's a no for me.

It's not even on the same planet as Madrid.

Loved Seville. Thinking of spending a few days there again this year and getting the train to Malaga for another couple of days.

Loved Seville. Thinking of spending a few days there again this year and getting the train to Malaga for another couple of days.
I was in Seville for a Sunland pre season game, some years ago.
It's a fantastic city, with loads of sights, great places to eat and drink.
We had a night out in the Triana district, which is just across the bridge that spans the river.
Was a canny night, with lots of lively tapas bars visited.

I was in Seville for a Sunland pre season game, some years ago.
It's a fantastic city, with loads of sights, great places to eat and drink.
We had a night out in the Triana district, which is just across the bridge that spans the river.
Was a canny night, with lots of lively tapas bars visited.

yes nice on a night there. Spent a few lazy lunchtimes at the food market on the east side of the river (designed by Eiffel). It was baking hot in July

A mate of mine is there now with his wife and 2 kids. Day 1, having dinner in Las Ramblas and his wife's bag and daughter's brand new (2 day old) phone were both stolen...

"welcome to barcelona" :cool:

A mate of mine is there now with his wife and 2 kids. Day 1, having dinner in Las Ramblas and his wife's bag and daughter's brand new (2 day old) phone were both stolen...

It’s a complete shit hole.

I’ve never seen a place change so much from day to night when the pickpockets and that are out in their droves.

You couldn’t pay me to go back to be honest

I was there back in April '17. My first night there I nearly had me wallet knicked right out me (front, jeans) pocket. I got wise to what was happening and made sure he knew I didn't approve of his life choices.

As has been said, Madrid is better than Barcelona but it’s still fantastic. I think if you’re relatively clued up there’s no chance you’re gonna get pickpocketed or scammed either.

Back