Barcelona

snipes

Striker
Heading there next week with the family (I know, look at me), anywhere we should/shouldn't go, any tips on where to eat and drink (cheap would be nice :lol:). Thanks in advance.

Heading there next week with the family (I know, look at me), anywhere we should/shouldn't go, any tips on where to eat and drink (cheap would be nice :lol:). Thanks in advance.
It's a beautiful city, with so much to see and do, but beware of dippers, and distraction thieves, who'll stop you and ask directions or they'll pretend to help you, but will be going through your pockets at the same time.
Placa Catalunya
Placa Reial
Camp Nou
La Ribera
El Born
El Raval (within reason)
Barri Gotic
The Ramblas
The marina and the beach
Sagrada Familia
The Magic fountains at night
Casa Batlló & La Pedrera for Gaudi buildings
The cathedral
The huge food and produce market, halfway along the Ramblas, is worth a visit. (Mercado de La Boqueria)
Parc Guell for Gaudi at his whacky best.

All of the above are canny places to visit, and there's metro stations along the Ramblas, and all over the city.
Enjoy yourself, enjoy the food and drink too, but keep phones, camera's, jewellery and cash, out of the way of thieves.
Don't leave bags and valuables on tables when having a drink.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there earlier this week :D I was chatting to two Romanian pick-pockets who were reminiscing on their time in London 🤣 (I kid you not).May I recommend the carpe diem restaurant,the food and ambience were superb,its better than the ivy asia in London.

I was there earlier this week :D I was chatting to two Romanian pick-pockets who were reminiscing on their time in London 🤣 (I kid you not).May I recommend the carpe diem restaurant,the food and ambience were superb,its better than the ivy asia in London.
i would of thought they would of scarpered when they saw the 🇬🇧 hanky on your heed

i would of thought they would of scarpered when they saw the 🇬🇧 hanky on your heed
I didn't have it Bomber,i didn't realise its importance at the time :oops: one of them at times used to make 1500 euros in a day dipping peoples wallets and phones on the tube and in the busy streets of londinium,nowadays he works the sunny streets around sagada familia.

I've been all over the world, thought i knew every trick in the boik and i was pickpocketed on the first night.

Really really watch your pockets.

I've been three times and always take my bum bag despite looking like I've got a colostomy bag on.
It's a beautiful city, with so much to see and do, but beware of dippers, and distraction thieves, who'll stop you and ask directions or they'll pretend to help you, but will be going through your pockets at the same time.
Placa Catalunya
Placa Reial
Camp Nou
La Ribera
El Born
El Raval (within reason)
Barri Gotic
The Ramblas
The marina and the beach
Sagrada Familia
The Magic fountains at night
Casa Batlló & La Pedrera for Gaudi buildings
The cathedral
The huge food and produce market, halfway along the Ramblas, is worth a visit. (Mercado de La Boqueria)
Parc Guell for Gaudi at his whacky best.

All of the above are canny places to visit, and there's metro stations along the Ramblas, and all over the city.
Enjoy yourself, enjoy the food and drink too, but keep phones, camera's, jewellery and cash, out of the way of thieves.
Don't leave bags and valuables on tables when having a drink.

Pretty much covers it.

Not my favourite European city but great for a few days away.

I didn't have it Bomber,i didn't realise its importance at the time :oops: one of them at times used to make 1500 euros in a day dipping peoples wallets and phones on the tube and in the busy streets of londinium,nowadays he works the sunny streets around sagada familia.
You really believe he made over half a million euro a year?

the joys of FOM,been there several times its a proper rife,no rush to return,portugal much safer
Nah, he only did a two day week.
the other five was to pay the cops off

Last edited:
@Horley Chorley has listed all the places you could think of, and more.

But you absolutely need to watch your wallet and phone. 2 mates of mine had their wallets lifted when someone "befriended" them, my son has his phone and wallet nicked. It's absolutely notorious for it. My son said the police station was full of tourists queuing up to report their wallets/phones/bags/ watches nicked.

Just take a little money out with you and lock.the rest in your hotel safe if you have one, and take only one credit card out with you. Take a copy of your passport out, but not the original.

Enjoy, but be careful.

I've been all over the world, thought i knew every trick in the boik and i was pickpocketed on the first night.

Really really watch your pockets.
They tried to pickpocket us, three times in one day.
First up, a group of kids came along with clipboards asking for sponsor money to save their school (they all crowd around to create confusion, then while you're looking for change, some of them are going through your pockets and bags)
They tried to dip us on the metro, but failed.
Later at night hey tried the old bird shit on the shoulder trick, but they failed again.

In a separate incident, a mate of mine had a good night on the drink, and a load of women surrounded him, and got him doing the conga, but when he got back to the hotel, he realised he'd been dipped and was missing €200.

Another occasion I seen a woman leave her purse on the table while she was having a drink.
A young lass walked by and casually dropped a newspaper on the table as if accidentally, and then apologised and picked the newspaper and the purse up off the table and walked away.
Luckily the woman realised what was happening and got her purse back, and give the thief a good hiding too.

That churchy thing that the lazy Spanish bastards haven't managed to finish yet is canny

Back