Barcelona

@Horley Chorley has listed all the places you could think of, and more.

But you absolutely need to watch your wallet and phone. 2 mates of mine had their wallets lifted when someone "befriended" them, my son has his phone and wallet nicked. It's absolutely notorious for it. My son said the police station was full of tourists queuing up to report their wallets/phones/bags/ watches nicked.

Just take a little money out with you and lock.the rest in your hotel safe if you have one, and take only one credit card out with you. Take a copy of your passport out, but not the original.

Enjoy, but be careful.
He's got a uk passport, nobody will be nicking that

That churchy thing that the lazy Spanish bastards haven't managed to finish yet is canny
Sagada familia,dont stand in the crowds looking up at it,pickpockets love working them,peoples attention in a jostling moving crowd is on the architecture,easy marks.
Loads of people asking you if you like coffee shops
Yup,friend of mine has one,closed at the moment as the police are hastling him as its unlicenced,he is waiting to reopen it.

Last edited:
@Horley Chorley has listed all the places you could think of, and more.

But you absolutely need to watch your wallet and phone. 2 mates of mine had their wallets lifted when someone "befriended" them, my son has his phone and wallet nicked. It's absolutely notorious for it. My son said the police station was full of tourists queuing up to report their wallets/phones/bags/ watches nicked.

Just take a little money out with you and lock.the rest in your hotel safe if you have one, and take only one credit card out with you. Take a copy of your passport out, but not the original.

Enjoy, but be careful.
It's f***ing horrendous mate.
Sound advice about not taking too much money out, as well as good advice about the passport copy.
People shouldn't have to worry about being away, but in Barcelona, I"d be disappointed if some bastard didn't try to steal my money and property.

I've seen a group of people stopped and asked for directions, when out of nowhere, other scrotes started chatting to the group and trying to separate the group, to make stealing their money, easier.
People really need to have their wits about them on holiday, these days, especially in Barcelona.

They tried to pickpocket us, three times in one day.
First up, a group of kids came along with clipboards asking for sponsor money to save their school (they all crowd around to create confusion, then while you're looking for change, some of them are going through your pockets and bags)
They tried to dip us on the metro, but failed.
Later at night hey tried the old bird shit on the shoulder trick, but they failed again.

In a separate incident, a mate of mine had a good night on the drink, and a load of women surrounded him, and got him doing the conga, but when he got back to the hotel, he realised he'd been dipped and was missing €200.

Another occasion I seen a woman leave her purse on the table while she was having a drink.
A young lass walked by and casually dropped a newspaper on the table as if accidentally, and then apologised and picked the newspaper and the purse up off the table and walked away.
Luckily the woman realised what was happening and got her purse back, and give the thief a good hiding too.
Some lass asked for directions on a map but i clocked her friend waiting to get me. Some fella dropped money in the escalator but i clocked his mates waiting for the people who helped. I watched the birdshit going on not 10 yards from me. And i seen a lass get her bag slashed on the bus. The fellas that got me were 'club' reps, giving out cards. It was like poetry in motion really, very impressive, he flung my wallet about 20 yards back, some kid caught it, took the notes and hoyed my wallet sky high, cards falling all over as they legged it.it took about 5 seconds.

Sagada familia,dont stand in the crowds looking up at it,pickpockets love working them,peoples attention in a jostling moving crowd is on the architecture,easy marks.

Yup,friend of mine has one,closed at the moment as the police are hastling him as its unlicenced,he is waiting to reopen it.

Sagrada Familia isn't all that imo, should have just left it ages ago.

Some lass asked for directions on a map but i clocked her friend waiting to get me. Some fella dropped money in the escalator but i clocked his mates waiting for the people who helped. I watched the birdshit going on not 10 yards from me. And i seen a lass get her bag slashed on the bus. The fellas that got me were 'club' reps, giving out cards. It was like poetry in motion really, very impressive, he flung my wallet about 20 yards back, some kid caught it, took the notes and hoyed my wallet sky high, cards falling all over as they legged it.it took about 5 seconds.
All are distraction techniques, and the scumbags are masters at getting people's belongings. :evil:

They tried to pickpocket us, three times in one day.
First up, a group of kids came along with clipboards asking for sponsor money to save their school (they all crowd around to create confusion, then while you're looking for change, some of them are going through your pockets and bags)
They tried to dip us on the metro, but failed.
Later at night hey tried the old bird shit on the shoulder trick, but they failed again.

In a separate incident, a mate of mine had a good night on the drink, and a load of women surrounded him, and got him doing the conga, but when he got back to the hotel, he realised he'd been dipped and was missing €200.

Another occasion I seen a woman leave her purse on the table while she was having a drink.
A young lass walked by and casually dropped a newspaper on the table as if accidentally, and then apologised and picked the newspaper and the purse up off the table and walked away.
Luckily the woman realised what was happening and got her purse back, and give the thief a good hiding too.
Its that rife the cops have to be in on it,but the whole of the spanish coast is similar but not to barca's high standards.
All are distraction techniques, and the scumbags are masters at getting people's belongings. :evil:
drunk brits must stand out like piss holes in the snow

Last edited:
That you all for your replies, I think I will cancel the trip!!! 😂
Will be on extra alert.
It's a pity we have to post about the shittier side to Barcelona, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
There's lots of bus tours leaving from the store El Cort Ingles, at the top of the Ramblas, and they take you on a set route of all the sights and you can get off the bus anytime on the route, and hop back on later.
Enjoy yourself, as it really is a great city for sights, food, drink, history and culture.

If you're going to the footy, we had tapas here after the match. It was beautiful and we really enjoyed it. We got a couple of freebie ones to try too and I was given a glass of red wine with my dessert. They don't speak much English but we managed to get by.

For anyone flying to “Girona Barcelona” consider goimg to Girona, it’s a beautiful city that you really get to know at your own pace in two or three days. Barcelona is okay but like all big cities it’s a case of what do we decide to see and watch the traffic.

Plus Girona is about 10k from the airport and Barcelona is 85.

For anyone flying to “Girona Barcelona” consider goimg to Girona, it’s a beautiful city that you really get to know at your own pace in two or three days. Barcelona is okay but like all big cities it’s a case of what do we decide to see and watch the traffic.

I enjoyed Tarragona too.
Easy to get around on foot, and not overcrowded.

My daughter went to Barcelona last June. As she was walking down the stairs into the tube she felt the zip on her bag being opened. She turned round and a man was trying to get something out of her bag. She pointed at him shouted at him and he backed off. A woman working with him wasn’t too suited about the fuss my daughter was making and the way that she was pointing him out to the other people around.

If you are female don’t carry a large bag, keep it small and preferably a cross body style. Use a padlock to secure the zips and get a bag with a metal chain to make it more difficult to cut.

Dont carry all your cash in one place. Take the minimum amount of money with you and place it different pockets, or in your socks or bra so even if they get into one pocket they won’t get all your money. Don’t flash your phone around. Use it discretely and lock it back into your bag or a button down or zip pocket. Same with cameras.

We have been to Barcelona on multiple occasions and this was the first time that we had been pick pocketed. They wouldn’t have gotten much if they had reached into the pocket as it contained some stoma supplies!

My daughter went to Barcelona last June. As she was walking down the stairs into the tube she felt the zip on her bag being opened. She turned round and a man was trying to get something out of her bag. She pointed at him shouted at him and he backed off. A woman working with him wasn’t too suited about the fuss my daughter was making and the way that she was pointing him out to the other people around.

If you are female don’t carry a large bag, keep it small and preferably a cross body style. Use a padlock to secure the zips and get a bag with a metal chain to make it more difficult to cut.

Dont carry all your cash in one place. Take the minimum amount of money with you and place it different pockets, or in your socks or bra so even if they get into one pocket they won’t get all your money. Don’t flash your phone around. Use it discretely and lock it back into your bag or a button down or zip pocket. Same with cameras.

We have been to Barcelona on multiple occasions and this was the first time that we had been pick pocketed. They wouldn’t have gotten much if they had reached into the pocket as it contained some stoma supplies!
Good advice, and I'd also add, be particularly wary, when on the Ramblas when watching the street entertainers.
Dippers especially thrive amongst crowds of people.
Be wary in Metro stations too, and women in cafes, bars and restaurants should loop the shoulder straps of their bags, around chair legs, to stop any would be bag snatchers, from running off with their bags.

Barcelona has an airport.

Back