Bands/singers that you didn't listen to properly and appreciate how good the are...

Absolutely loads from the golden late 60s,70s era ,still havent't .Just know that the bar was set high and there's loads of quality stuuf out there
Rock,MoR,Pop,aor,soul etc etc
i had a thread on here before saying really ,you could stop new music and there's enough stuff to go round

When i met my missus she was into loads of stuff and had a soft spot for country stuff,From Parton to Cash to emmy lou harris ,merle haggard etc which she got from her Dad .I thought it was a load of blokes dressed up yodelling etc ,i stuck around and slowly got into it all .Love modern stuff now .Gillian welch,Milk carton kids etc

Last edited:
They were a bit before my time (I was six in 89) but I got well into them in my teens. Since they reformed I managed to see them at the Academy in Newcastle a couple of year ago. One of my favourite gigs just cos it was them I was watching. No Kim Deal like but Paz Lenchantin is a spot on replacement.

I was a bit in love with her when I was 16 and A Perfect Circle released their first album

Depeche Mode for me. Never really got them back in the day - went with our lass (no) to a gig cos she loved them. Absolutely brilliant! Seen them a few times since and listen to them very regularly now.

I’ve seen them a few times too,they were excellent every time. Good group.

Never got the fuss about The Band but The Mekons did a cover of 'Makes No Difference' and I gave them another go. Couldn't figure out why I hadn't liked them on first listen.

Two for me. Johnny Cash. He had died by the time I actually gave his music any time. Reading an Ian Rankin Rebus book inspired me to give Johnny Cash a listen and it is my regret that I didnt listen sooner.

Other one would be Creedence CR. Only listened to them about 3 years ago - their live album is stunning.

Back