Bands/singers that you didn't listen to properly and appreciate how good the are...

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Junior Birdman, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Junior Birdman

Junior Birdman Striker

Muse for me. Obviously heard some of their stuff, but never really paid that much attention. Possibly because my ex quite liked them when they first came out. A mate used to bang on about them but I've just started listening to them a lot more recently and I have to say, they're very good indeed. A bit embarrassed I left it this long.

2. riffraff

riffraff Striker

You wanna hope this one drifts down page one sharpish then off into the cyber ether......yah daft deaf get yah.

Bamber, bu-bu-buchanon, Boz33 and 8 others like this.
  3. EchoMan

EchoMan Winger

Well that’s really helped his cause then

cornish mackem likes this.
  4. riffraff

riffraff Striker

Eh?;)

5. Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy Striker

Muse have some canny songs.

Junior Birdman likes this.
  6. EchoMan

EchoMan Winger

He’s had zero replies for over 2 hours and then you raise it to top post saying he wants to hope it drifts down page 1 sharpish.

Genius :lol:

7. riffraff

riffraff Striker

Twas just about to drop to page 2. Unlucky.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  8. chriswallace85

chriswallace85 Striker

They have half a good one... the riff bit at the end of this..

And that's it.

Big Duke Six likes this.
  9. riffraff

riffraff Striker

The nearest thing to a canny song is the one they nicked from the closing credits of The Long Good Friday.

10. Secret Visage

Secret Visage Winger

The Gypsy Kings, aye they blather on in Spanish a bit, but the music is class.

11. Arkle

Arkle Striker Contributor

Not sure I often agree with you about music made after 1974 but that's by far the best thing they've done.

12. Aretha Franklin for me. Never listened to her much but when she died and her music was all over the place I realised what I had missed.

fyl2u and The Lonious Monk like this.
  13. tonyfromalnwick

tonyfromalnwick Midfield

14. Big Dave 53

Big Dave 53 Winger

Depeche Mode for me. Never really got them back in the day - went with our lass (no) to a gig cos she loved them. Absolutely brilliant! Seen them a few times since and listen to them very regularly now.

Keepers, spangle, andy and 2 others like this.
  15. Mickdundee

Mickdundee Goalkeeper

16. CPK1979

CPK1979 Midfield

This is one of best releases I’ve heard in a while

17. Junior Birdman

Junior Birdman Striker

My 2nd favourite band. Only seen them the once like. Was meant to see them again earlier this year but broke my leg :neutral:

Wey no man ;)

WASTID and Mickdundee like this.
  18. riffraff

riffraff Striker

Muse! Pearl Jam! Jeseus fuckin wept man have you no critical faculties whatsoever. I heard Vincent Van Gough got an email from ticketmaster about a joint Muse-Pearl Jam tour of Holland all those years ago...

19. Mickdundee

Mickdundee Goalkeeper

I’ve never seen them live. I only got into them in 2015, 20 years after their peak and over 15 years after I started getting into music properly!

WASTID and Junior Birdman like this.
  20. Junior Birdman

Junior Birdman Striker

I've liked Pearl Jam for years. All time favourite's are R.E.M.

Put that in your pipe ;)