Baldwin

He'll be a good influence.

TBH I've seen enough in the first couple of games to feel optimistic about this year. We've got some quality players in this league and we're trying to play some nice stuff - the flip side is that we don't really have any excuses
I've been pleasantly surprised how we've tried to go about things. We've played some decent stuff and there seems to be a plan, a way of playing

3 at the back?
Baldwin and Flanagan either side of Loovens

Anyone give that a shot?
Only issue with that could be alot of our stronger forward players wouldn’t fit into that system, although get the impression we will try a lot of different formations out throughout the season.

Only issue with that could be alot of our stronger forward players wouldn’t fit into that system, although get the impression we will try a lot of different formations out throughout the season.
Aye i think that as well. It was encouraging Ross changed it v Charlton and the players understood what he wanted.

He'll be a good influence.

TBH I've seen enough in the first couple of games to feel optimistic about this year. We've got some quality players in this league and we're trying to play some nice stuff - the flip side is that we don't really have any excuses

I feel optimistic too. I'm beginning to trust the lads at the top and I feel comfortable backing the new gaffer. He's clearly no mug. Even at this early stage my concern is that he's way too good for us and he'll be off before he's laid the foundations. :)

Aye i think that as well. It was encouraging Ross changed it v Charlton and the players understood what he wanted.
Definitely, nice to see an actual plan at times. Think wyke could be key to the system we are trying to play at minute. Maja is doing his best but I don’t think it’s his game holding the ball up as a lone man at this stage in his career, think at minute he would be more suited to playing off someone.

I feel optimistic too. I'm beginning to trust the lads at the top and I feel comfortable backing the new gaffer. He's clearly no mug. Even at this early stage my concern is that he's way too good for us and he'll be off before he's laid the foundations. :)
Think you have to, they're opening the doors and it's only our cynicism that is stopping us embracing it.

Ross has got all the tools to do a good job so if he looks good then we'll be going up, if we need to revaluate next year so be it. But for me he's got no reason to move anywhere beyond some improbable leap to the PL.

I've been pleasantly surprised how we've tried to go about things. We've played some decent stuff and there seems to be a plan, a way of playing
Hopefully once they get used to the system and playing with each other we will trouble any team in this division. McGeouch is going to be key how we play he looks like he'll be a great little player for us.

Loovens a bit deer in the headlights on their goal mind... but hopefully just an outlier and not a habit - otherwise thought he and Baldwin both decent like...

He's made really shit mistakes in both games up to now and we've conceded goals as a result. Hopefully teams won't capitalise on them in every game, they don't normally at any level never mind this one

Think you have to, they're opening the doors and it's only our cynicism that is stopping us embracing it.

Ross has got all the tools to do a good job so if he looks good then we'll be going up, if we need to revaluate next year so be it. But for me he's got no reason to move anywhere beyond some improbable leap to the PL.
still learning his trade down here and he surely knows he will be given time to build his own squad. If he gets us up to Championship this season, where else would he have as good a chance of getting into the Premiership the following one, without pressure of expectation. If het gets us to top flight then the "bigger opportunities" may come calling whatever they may be

On evidence so far he seems a really good coach. By sticking with us, if all goes to plan, he gets to further his experience and end up with a well funded team in the top level. Apart from a mega job at one of the top 6 or 7, or in Glasgow, he should be able to find his challenges with us.

Back