Bailey Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't want Wright to be this year's Borini....

I’m more concerned about him being our traditional squad crock to be honest. I think he’s a decent player but his playing statistics don’t suggest he will be likely of playing week in week out through a League 1 season.

I’m more concerned about him being our traditional squad crock to be honest. I think he’s a decent player but his playing statistics don’t suggest he will be likely of playing week in week out through a League 1 season.
He's brittle and Jack rodwells treatment table is about to get another happy customer

I sometimes wonder what the fuck people watch when they go to football matches

How can anyone not of seen the massive difference this lad made when he played for us. And if you want further proof of what he did check out our form after he got injured.

His signing is a must. He would be probably the best centre half in the league

How can anyone not of seen the massive difference this lad made when he played for us. And if you want further proof of what he did check out our form after he got injured.

And along with Willis would be the best pairing! Add in another good centre half and it’s the nucleus of a very good defence for this league and potential to play in the Championship shall we get there!

Bloody Hell. All I said was I wasn't going to lose sleep if he doesn't sign.

Yes he looks a good defender (only played 5 games mind) but he is injury prone. 293 appearances over 11 seasons suggests that.
If he's mulling it over, or is waiting for better offers then I don't want him. Any player who thinks they are doing you a favour, or taking a step down by joining your club isn't going to give their heart and soul for the cause. You want players who think they are taking a step up. I'm with Roy Keane on this. Or was it Big Sam?

Difficult to find good players who think they're "stepping up" when we are where we are; not particularly impressive even in that context; and likely well-known now amongst agents for being dodgy bastards in negotiations.

I'd offer Chris Maguire as an example

We are a considerably less attractive prospect than when we signed him though.

He's ok too. Been a good signing, yes, but lets not go overboard. He limits the attack in some respects, is very bad when he's bad, and has no real prospect imo of thriving at Championship level.

Last edited:

Totally agree marra. I had this conversation the other day on here. Yes his injury record is a concern but you have to shake your head sometimes at the comments on here. His contribution was a vast improvement and I accept other people’s opinions but our goals conceded was much improved with BW in the team. Gary Bennett commented on it more than once. Our defence looked much better and that’s a fact. When he got injured the defence deteriorated and we started to leak goals again.

Totally agree marra. I had this conversation the other day on here. Yes his injury record is a concern but you have to shake your head sometimes at the comments on here. His contribution was a vast improvement and I accept other people’s opinions but our goals conceded was much improved with BW in the team. Gary Bennett commented on it more than once. Our defence looked much better and that’s a fact. When he got injured the defence deteriorated and we started to leak goals again.

He was another average league 1 defender who fit well into the system. I don't really see why people rated him so highly, he made a fair few mistakes that the likes of Flanaghan or Ozturk would have been absolutely slated for.

I think the fact he played so few games has made him better than he is.

If we get him then good, if we don't then it is no real loss.
This

Be the same people who said Ozturk would be just as good when Wright got injured.

Absolutely boggles the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back