Bailey Wright

Is he that brilliant? We have only seen him in about 5 games. I have to admit I was a bit worried about his lack of pace, I feel Willis is going to have to get him out of trouble a load of times next season if we sign him.

Last edited:

This like. We play three at the back and half one centre-half. Maybe two if you count Mcloughlin as a very dodgy back up. We need at least three centre-backs, and one of the two full-backs we also need to cover the left side like Mcloughin can the right.

This is f***ing nonsense like, you can say he is a risk or we should pass on because of his fitness. But when he played he was very good at this level.

Nobody knows, he's been released by Bristol City. At least one gobshite/ITK (take your pick) says we're not.

He's a free agent though, so anyone could be in for him.
Nonesense

Typical of the recruitment team, offer him a bag of harribos and a sham bar when they do offer him a contract! Should have been signed on a pre contract when he had the impact he did! Fair enough he got an unfortunate injury but he’d be one capable of playing Championship shall we get there!

I think they'll be playing the long game here, & with any transfers.

Imo, we'll make no signings of note until we have a start date at the very earliest, they'll be looking to hold off paying any new salaries for as long as is humanly possible.

I think they'll be playing the long game here, & with any transfers.

Imo, we'll make no signings of note until we have a start date at the very earliest, they'll be looking to hold off paying any new salaries for as long as is humanly possible.
The premier league are discussing when their transfer window will start/finish today and the EFL are expected to coincide with that, then hopefully in the next week or so they’ll make a decision on when to start the season which if rumours from different league one chairman I’d looking at 12th September!

Aye "meh" who cares if we sign the best defender on our books last season?

Not sure what's happened to you, but you used to have more self respect.

Bloody Hell. All I said was I wasn't going to lose sleep if he doesn't sign.

Yes he looks a good defender (only played 5 games mind) but he is injury prone. 293 appearances over 11 seasons suggests that.
If he's mulling it over, or is waiting for better offers then I don't want him. Any player who thinks they are doing you a favour, or taking a step down by joining your club isn't going to give their heart and soul for the cause. You want players who think they are taking a step up. I'm with Roy Keane on this. Or was it Big Sam?

First test of our ambition for next season. Are they making a decent push by signing some "quality" (for this division anyhow) or being chancers again by waiting to see who is left without a club. Hopefully they realise that fans are more likely to invest in season cards if they invest in the team

Players aren't that stupid. They can see the shitshow that is Sunderland. I am reserved to bringing in shite until the ownership changes. Fully expect Spearing signing.

He was another average league 1 defender who fit well into the system. I don't really see why people rated him so highly, he made a fair few mistakes that the likes of Flanaghan or Ozturk would have been absolutely slated for.

I think the fact he played so few games has made him better than he is.

If we get him then good, if we don't then it is no real loss.

Thing is are we capable of signing someone better or as good? Im not sure we can.
He was on the fringes of a mid-table Championship side. I'd wager there are better players in the Championship. Whether we can afford/entice them is another thing.

I just don't want Wright to be this year's Borini....

Back