Bailey Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

He was on the fringes of a mid-table Championship side. I'd wager there are better players in the Championship. Whether we can afford/entice them is another thing.

I just don't want Wright to be this year's Borini....
Well thats just it, itll be a fringe loan player if we do get someone in.

I sometimes wonder what the fuck people watch when they go to football matches

How can anyone not of seen the massive difference this lad made when he played for us. And if you want further proof of what he did check out our form after he got injured.

His signing is a must. He would be probably the best centre half in the league

I watched a centre half who was ok, quite organised, not a bad footballer but lacks pace and a little bit of height.

He was pulled out of the shit a fair few times, gifting Ipswich and Oxford strikers one on one chances due to being caught under the ball and having to get both the other centre halves to clear up after him on a few occasions but that is why it is a team sport, he was made to look like a schoolboy against Pompey by the way.

I've checked out our form before he even came in and we were on the back of 8 without defeat and on a run of 3 clean sheets that he managed to contribute to making it to 7 so kudos, however, he wasn't the sole reason for our dip in form nor was he the reason it was good that to me was because we had found a decent system and teams hadn't quite worked that out yet.

He would probably not be the best centre half in the league, not even close, he would be a decent addition because that is where we are currently at.

Last edited:
I watched a centre half who was ok, quite organised, not a bad footballer but lacks pace and a little bit of height.

He was pulled out of the shit a fair few times, gifting Ipswich and Oxford strikers one on one chances due to being caught under the ball and having to get both the other centre halves to clear up after him on a few occasions but that is why it is a team sport, he was made to look like a schoolboy against Pompey by the way.

I've checked out our form before he even came in and we were on the back of 8 without defeat and on a run of 3 clean sheets that he managed to contribute to making it to 7 so kudos, however, he wasn't the sole reason for our dip in form nor was he the reason it was good that to me was because we had found a decent system and teams hadn't quite worked that out yet.

He would probably not be the best centre half in the league, not even close, he would be a decent addition because that is where we are currently at.

You're probably in the less than 2% of our fan base that thinks all of this. There is a reason why

You're probably in the less than 2% of our fan base that thinks all of this. There is a reason why

Am I? Has this been calculated on the "check out our form after he got injured" basis? Don't bother checking out our form before he came in though just incase it doesn't fit with the what the fuck are people watching.

I am not saying hes a bad player but to say he'd be the best in the league based on 5 games? 2 of which we played opposition so bad I'd have fancied me getting a game and 1 where he was bullied and 2 where he gifted the opposition guilt edged chances that were spurned because of the league we play in. He is ok.

Am I? Has this been calculated on the "check out our form after he got injured" basis? Don't bother checking out our form before he came in though just incase it doesn't fit with the what the fuck are people watching.

I am not saying hes a bad player but to say he'd be the best in the league based on 5 games? 2 of which we played opposition so bad I'd have fancied me getting a game and 1 where he was bullied and 2 where he gifted the opposition guilt edged chances that were spurned because of the league we play in. He is ok.

No its calculated on the "Its obvious as fuck he made our team and results better when he played" basis

Last edited:
To quote a Bristol City fan mate of mine, he's "made of quavers". What is the point of signing players who are injury prone? It doesn't improve as you get older. I see people on here talk about "keeping him fit". As if our physios, sports scientists and medics are better than other clubs, miraculously changing ageing players from injury prone to invincible.

Agree tbh. He'd be a good signing as we need so many in that area - particularly if we stick to 3 at the back. However, his time here has been magnified somewhat. Got away with a couple of potential rickets against Tranmere too - albeit that was early in his run with SAFC. It certainly wasn't night and day with him in the side.

Given where we are as a squad I'd be happy to see him sign. Given how bad our recruitment has been under Donald I'd take a known decent quantity every single time. However, I'm certain that there are better out there (though I concede we won't have the capability to find them).

The results when he played and then the results when he went out injured

Its not rocket science like. He had that defence organised and solid. It and we fell apart when he got injured

You are right, it isn't rocket science. He came in on the back of 8 without defeat when we were already solid coming off the back of 3 clean sheets and 2 of them teams were above us. He didn't make the defence solid, we were already solid.

He then played in 5 games where we played 2 of the worst teams I have seen this season and then the last 4 games we suffered 2 defeats one of them being against top of the league. The dip in form was due to the way teams played against us not because of Bailey Wright.

You are trying to point to facts but failing to see that actually we were already on a great run when he came in and we were then found out a bit by teams who had worked out how to play against us. We will never know how the games would have went with him in there but my guess is it would have been pretty similar because we struggled against Gillingham and Bristol Rovers because they went direct and Bailey Wright to me would have struggled with this as well.

He’d be a good signing regardless as he’s an upgrade the alternatives.

His injury record is the problem, not his ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back