Bailey Wright

Someone must have gone over Coton's head.
while our recruitment is poor at the strategic level...they have made a number of good indivdual signing decisions...
it also heps we have incerased the number if scouts working here and have a football maager who knows players in this country..
Fuck knows what Ozturk has done to lose his place like. Makes me think he must have a pay rise clause after playing so many games
ozturk is shit..and has been mostly shit rhoughout his time here..has no technical ability whatsoever..bailey right is literally a different league to him as a footballer...

its the 150 games he played in he championship before he got injuries that made me think he is a decent championship player like...
wright is on a different planet as a footballer to ozturk..ozturk is the more physical player i guess..but thats the only thing he has over him..

I am in total agreement with him being the better footballer, I have a feeling my grievance about this all is that Ozturk was on the back of 3 consecutive clean sheets and then got totally ousted from not just the team but the match squad and also people are lauding Wright as great on the back of 4 distinctly average performances which have been no better or no worse than Ozturks. The back three as a unit were already solid and well drilled whether that be with Lynch or Flanagan as well and long may it continue.

I am feeling like I might be some kind of overprotective Dad who has seen his son axed from a the team because the managers son has agreed to play for his team and drop down from playing at Roy of the Rovers.

In summary, he is not bad but imo if we do go up we should be looking again to improve on him.

Ozturk is terrible on the ball which would be the only reasonable guess as to why he’s been left out for Wright, as well as Wright playing well obviously. Willis is still by far our best defender mind, he’s easily championship level.

Him being terrible on the ball is a bit of a myth, watch him and he actually plays some slick balls into the midfield at pace. However he also has zero problems about kicking the ball into row z when pressured.

Last edited:
Looks decent to me. Hard to judge how good he is based on last night though due to Rochdale being hideously bad. That goes for our team performance as well (yes I know you can only beat what's in front of you, what was in front of us was really poor)

Saturday will be really tough in comparison

Looks decent to me. Hard to judge how good he is based on last night though due to Rochdale being hideously bad. That goes for our team performance as well (yes I know you can only beat what's in front of you, what was in front of us was really poor)

Saturday will be really tough in comparison
Funnily enough, Flanagan looked good last night and saved us on Saturday.

Looks good but I'm not getting carried away on a performance against them last night, they were fuckin clueless tbh.
Our best player imo
I agree on Willis. He seems to have the right attributes to play at a higher level imo. It wouldn't surprise me if Sheffield United were looking at him as he plays a similar way for us as they like their CHs to play.

Last edited:
He's a cut above Ozturk.

I'm still not sure how Ozturk hasn't had a red card for us - everytime someone gets the run on him he uses his hands, either to pull the striker back or just to pluck the ball from the sky. He'd have had about four or five reds at a higher level.

I think he's a better defender than Flanagan mind, who seems very fortunate to get in the team now. Guess he is a more natural back three player and if Wright is telling him where to stand - Ozturks main advantage over all our defenders from last year was being the only one with a scintilla of positioning - then maybe he gets the nod.

Willis can play league above for me no problem. With him, Wright and Parkinson's tactics I actually think our defence would be ok at the higher level. Going forward and in midfield we are very much League One though.
Looks good but I'm not getting carried away on a performance against them last night, they were fuckin clueless tbh.

I agree on Willis. He seems to have the right attributes to play at a higher level imo. It wouldn't surprise me if Sheffield United were looking at him as he plays a similar way for us as they like their CHs to play.

I wouldn't go that f***ing far mate, I reckon he's Championship not knocking on Champions League!

Last edited:
He's a cut above Ozturk.

I'm still not sure how Ozturk hasn't had a red card for us - everytime someone gets the run on him he uses his hands, either to pull the striker back or just to pluck the ball from the sky. He'd have had about four or five reds at a higher level.

I think he's a better defender than Flanagan mind, who seems very fortunate to get in the team now. Guess he is a more natural back three player and if Wright is telling him where to stand - Ozturks main advantage over all our defenders from last year was being the only one with a scintilla of positioning - then maybe he gets the nod.

Willis can play league above for me no problem. With him, Wright and Parkinson's tactics I actually think our defence would be ok at the higher level. Going forward and in midfield we are very much League One though.

I wouldn't go that f***ing far mate, I reckon he's Championship not knocking on Champions League!
Half of Sheffield United's players played at this level mate. The extra pace that Willis has got sets him apart from most CHs at any level tbh. The way he gets down the wing and puts balls in is very similar to the way Sheff United like their CHs to play is my main point though.

Fuck knows how we’ve managed to get him while in league one. Looks a cut above and was quality again tonight.

There has been much written about our recruitment since the Coton/Hill et al regime took over the role, it would be interesting to compare the positive signings with the “duds” to get a balanced view? I know it is personal opinion on individuals but our match day squad/s only contain 2 players that were at the Club before the current regime’s signings and as we are playing well as a team AT PRESENT do we give any credit to the recruitment team?

At last, I've been meaning to mention this for a while as I keep hearing how unfairly treated he has been. The refs have been fairly lenient with Ozturk for some reason, the blatent handballs are a real worry as you have to look at the reason he finds himself having to resort to it. It's either poor positioning, poor decision making or a lack of speed/turning ability or a combination of all three.

My only worry about him is that he's not the biggest and we haven't really got anyone in the back 3 who dominates in the air. Their only chance last night came from Wilbraham out-jumping him and flicking the ball on for their other striker. Got done off two set pieces off Portsmouth the other week too (not saying that was Wright's fault).

Back