Bailey Wright

Aye he played well but tonight was a stroll for the entire defence, let's see how they fare on Saturday. Willis is the star of the back 3 imo mind, who'd have thought Phil Parkinson would have us employing overlapping centre halves?!
people on here decided parkisons played dour defensive football and nowt else..depsite there being notthing to back it up..

many are the same people who whine when we sign loan players that its a sign weare potless...not realising loan players can be good..and cost a lot of money..

Tackle on the edge of our box in first half when he stood his ground as their player ran at him was perfection...another solid performance from someone who has something we have lacked ...leadership.Good organiser.

100% agree. Looks a guaranteed decent championship player.

Fuck knows how we’ve managed to get him while in league one. Looks a cut above and was quality again tonight.

He's played well against Rochdale and he is all of a sudden a decent championship player? He was rusty against Tramere (a fair few stray passes), bullied by pompey, ok against Ipswich(he was caught under the ball a few times and his lack of pace was exposed a couple of times) and last night I could have played in the centre of the three the way Rochdale played.

Again he looks ok but dear me we are massively going over the top on this kid, we were on the back of 3 straight clean sheets when he came in and to me he hasn't improved us he has just come in and continued where Ozturk left off although I am a believer Ozturk would have been more suited to the Pompey fixture, that'll be why I am on message board though and not making the descions on dropping players who had done virtually nothing wrong.

Tackle on the edge of our box in first half when he stood his ground as their player ran at him was perfection...another solid performance from someone who has something we have lacked ...leadership.Good organiser.

As was Flanagans, kudos to a back 3 who aren't conceding goals, we weren't anyway when he came in.

Last edited:
He's played well against Rochdale and he is all of a sudden a decent championship player? He was rusty against Tramere (a fair few stray passes), bullied by pompey, ok against Ipswich(he was caught under the ball a few times and his lack of pace was exposed a couple of times) and last night I could have played in the centre of the three the way Rochdale played.

Again he looks ok but dear me we are massively going over the top on this kid, we were on the back of 3 straight clean sheets when he came in and to me he hasn't improved us he has just come in and continued where Ozturk left off although I am a believer Ozturk would have been more suited to the Pompey fixture, that'll be why I am on message board though and not making the descions on dropping players who had done virtually nothing wrong.

As was Flanagans, kudos to a back 3 who aren't conceding goals we weren't anyway when he came in.

As was Flanagans, kudos to a back 3 who aren't conceding goals, we weren't anyway when he came in.
its the 150 games he played in he championship before he got injuries that made me think he is a decent championship player like...
wright is on a different planet as a footballer to ozturk..ozturk is the more physical player i guess..but thats the only thing he has over him..

He was but seemed to fall down the pecking order when they signed Ashley WIlliams, Nathan Baker and Tomas Kalas. Just noticed that they've also taken Benkovic on loan from Leicester (the £13 million player who played for Leicester U21s againts us this season).
He looked a good player mind.

Back