Bailey Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couple of moments in the first half where he remained composed and allowed us to regain the ball when it could have been dangerous.

Excellent talker as well, certainly benefits the rest of the back line.

Last edited:
He is ok, no more, no less, I will say it until I am blue in the face that Ozturk was doing exactly the same job and has found himself really unlucky to be out of the team.

I can see his attributes and I would agree he is better footballer than Ozturk but he isn't a cut above at all or instantly our best centre half, he is another average lower league centre half who will have some good days and some bad. He wasn't tested defensively today like Saturday and the week previously against Pompey where imo he made some errors where he had to be pulled out of the shite by others around him.

I would have looked alright playing centre tonight against a team who were happy to play with the ball in their half for most of it.

Having said that he will do for me if we continue to get clean sheets.
Spot on. For the record i like Wright and I'm happy for him to stay in the side now he has the shirt but there's really not much between them. Wright is maybe the more technically gifted of the 2 but Ozturk is bigger and stronger. i truly believe we'd have got something at Portsmouth had Ozturk been in over Wright as he dealt with all their rough arse tactics at home this season and in the play offs before that. Bearing in mind Parkinsons reluctance to change things (i think we all expected changes tonight) it makes Ozturks situation all the more unlucky. John has yet to make the squad and Scowen didn't get on tonight so why was Parkinson so desperate to get Wright in the side?
Excellent talker as well, certainly benefits the rest of the back line.
That might be it. I remember reading a loan catch up interview with Pickford when he was at Preston and he was asked how he was getting on, he said Wright was a big help as he was a great talker on the pitch

Ozturk is terrible on the ball which would be the only reasonable guess as to why he’s been left out for Wright, as well as Wright playing well obviously. Willis is still by far our best defender mind, he’s easily championship level.

Looked steady enough but the reality is Rochdale were one of the weakest teams to ever play at the SOL.

Specimen of a defender in this shitty league. Hope we sign him on a permanent come the end of the season as looks as though he’d be capable in the championship too

Fuck knows how we’ve managed to get him while in league one. Looks a cut above and was quality again tonight.
I just hope we sign him permanently at the end of the season. He’ll do well for us in the Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back