Baby Killed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought we were talking about Staffies? My family bred Cocker Spaniels in the past, had 2 nasty bites off them in my teens. All dogs have the potential to do people harm.

Which goes back to my point of keeping kids and dogs separate, hence its the owners fault.....If I owned snakes, Terantulas or rats I wouldnt have them out of their cages/tanks with the kids. If you cant keep them separate then either dont have kids or rehome the dogs.
Parent was in the room Mother forced to leave baby's body with attacking dog so she could save her older child

Bloke was outside Dog owner guilty over fatal attack

Bloke was in his bed Father mauled to death in 'ferocious' unprovoked dog attack, inquest hears

Over simplifying it to say just don't leave them alone with kids and everything will be hunky dory. All dogs have the potential to be dangerous, Staffies are more dangerous and far more likely to kill than any other legal breed though.

Parent was in the room Mother forced to leave baby's body with attacking dog so she could save her older child

Bloke was in his bed Father mauled to death in 'ferocious' unprovoked dog attack, inquest hears

Over simplifying it to say just don't leave them alone with kids and everything will be hunky dory. All dogs have the potential to be dangerous, Staffies are more dangerous and far more likely to kill than any other legal breed though.

Only one of those links suggest a normal staff?

Only way of ensuring no deaths by dogs is to stop keeping dogs. I would argue lots and lots of dogs bite (Ive been bitten a number of times) I guess with breeds like Staffies and other powerful muscular breeds when they bite they are harder to stop and get off someone.

Personally I will never own a dog while I have children in the house, probably get one once they are all grown up.

Only way of ensuring no deaths by dogs is to stop keeping dogs. I would argue lots and lots of dogs bite (Ive been bitten a number of times) I guess with breeds like Staffies and other powerful muscular breeds when they bite they are harder to stop and get off someone.

Personally I will never own a dog while I have children in the house, probably get one once they are all grown up.
Based on 2007-2016 could reduce fatalities by over 80% just by enforcing current banned breeds and adding Staffies to the list.

They havent even managed to enforce the current ban man, whats the plan with all the staffies currently out there, a mass cull?
It's reduced the number of dangerous dogs by a mile though.

Whats the plan? It's not like there's not been banned breeds before, so I'd suggest the same as last time. Was there mass cull last time?

Logon or register to see this image

3% of dogs in the UK are Staffies, yet 30% of deaths are from Staffies.

It's not all kids that get killed too, there's a fair few stories of them just losing their shit one day.

Staffies seem especially partial to old foggies, as well as kids.

More than half the deaths on that list were the result of attacks by bull terriers,

more than half of those were Staffies. !

Only one of those links suggest a normal staff?
Just about to ask that. With dogs going for stupid money these days, colleague of mine breed french bulldogs at 1500 a pop, are these even "true" staffies anymore? or just summat tthat once had a bit of staffie in it?

I was just basing it on the list of fatalities I posted earlier so no idea.

Just having a read and it seems like only one was a regular staff.

I'd imagine that there's too much context missing from many stories of these staff attacks, and even attacks from other breeds.

f***ing dogs man, do we really need them.
Dog owners in urban areas get on my f***ing tits. We live facing a field/park extension so every prick thinks it's acceptable to let their dogs off the lead to run free. Every member of my family has been attacked by a dog at least once (me on multiple occasions), we are kept awake and/or woken up by cVunts letting their 'best mate' run around barking at all hours and there is shit left f***ing everywhere. Is there something fundamentally wrong with dog owners that leads them to believe that we should put up with all of this because 'they love dogs'? I love drink but you would sharp complain if I was roaring and shitting outside your house.

Should be licensed to own a dog. And certain breeds of dog should require a more stringent license, like the difference between a standard driving licence and an HGV licence

This. Dogs need protecting from shite, lazy owners.

(Not a dig at parents in the OP - but more a general statement).

Looking at the stats, there’s a good case for banning Staffs altogether.

no baby should ever be left alone with any kind of dog ........ they are animals

my dog who is the softest daftest dog ever still would not be trusted to be left alone with a baby

drives me nuts that people still do this and think its ok to do

Obviously staffs can be and are very nice dogs, unfortunately they are the mutt of choice for junkie scumbags amongst other fuckwits. These dogs can be dangerous killing machines in the wrong hands and sadly because of this should be outlawed as a breed. I recently had the misfortune to witness a staffie attack another dog and the poor fella walking the family pet. It was the most horrific thing I've ever seen or heard.

Its "always" the dogs fault Isn't it ? and they have now paid the price, and whenever these tragedies happen we have the same debate. Fact is more bairns are killed abused and neglected by their own parents year in year out. What does that tell you about the gene pool ?

Me and the other half ...no... run a dog rescue charity here in Spain. Extremely abused dogs are rescued and it takes the two of us with great patience normally anything between six months and two years to get them normalised. That's a lot of work , a lot of patience.

Any thick kernt that leaves, or tries to raise two staffies along with a baby in a flat needs kicking.
In a flat.
With no room to roam. No place to express their natural behaviour, so caged and frustrated, maddened, then they are put in a room with a competitor.
5 weeks old.
And nature takes it's course because they are animals.
Dogs are animals.
Why are the owners so thick.
I´d argue they deserve a manslaughter charge at least.

Spot on

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back