Baby Killed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know- not seen statistics. comparing the two. The dogs who have most often been involved in ffatal attacks in the UK over the last decade or so are Rottweilers and Mastiffs.
Have you got a link to the stats on Jacks being more likely to attack kids than Staffs?

On the rottie claim - Only one Rottie on this list from earlier in the thread, although I don;t know if it's accurate.

Logon or register to see this image

Give your head a wobble man and stay off the duff f***ing clueless

Funnily enough, German Shepherds are in the top 5 dogs
Have you got a link to the stats on Jacks being more likely to attack kids than Staffs?

On the rottie claim - Only one Rottie on this list from earlier in the thread, although I don;t know if it's accurate.

Logon or register to see this image

I said JRs are more likely to attack kids, not to kill them.
A Google search will soon bring up info re JRs being a more aggressive breed.
Also, Google will show you stats re fatal dog attacks in the US since records began, as well as year on year details, which show Rottweilers high up the list there (not that I'd ban JRs or Rottweilers either, mind. With decent owners, they're fine).

Was always under the impression they were aggressive dogs, until i actually encountered some. My mate had 2, both soft as muck. Were very hyper so needed plenty of exercise and space to keep them occupied. And then GF's aunty had 1 and she was soft as muck and was scared of the miniature chihuahua she had.

I might have been lucky to meet well behaved ones, but dogs are dogs, and they can flip at any point, just like humans. Leaving any dog with a kid especially a kid that can't do anything for themselves is not good. Its not right to blame the dogs alone, the owners have to take the majority of the blame.

Jack are highly unlikely to kill any but young bairns or the very old and weak.

Most folk can deal with them easily, with a good kick in the chops.

Not so with Staffs which can overpower and kill fit people of all ages,

Jack are highly unlikely to kill any but young bairns or the very old and weak.

Most folk can deal with them easily, with a good kick in the chops.

Not so with Staffs which can overpower and kill fit people of all ages,
Difficult to disagree with that. Even the staff owners will ignore it rather than disagree with it.

Difficult to disagree with that. Even the staff owners will ignore it rather than disagree with it.

As mentioned, the likes of Rottweilers, German Shepherds and Mastiffs have killed far, far more adults - "fit" or otherwise - than Staffies.
Moreover, Staffies - unlike the three breeds mentioned above - are not even in the top 10 dog breeds for strength of bite (commonly measured in PSI - pounds per square inch).
This is, of course, setting aside the circumstantial issues surrounding dog attacks (eg lazy owners who don't exercise their dogs).
But hey, who needs facts?

As mentioned, the likes of Rottweilers, German Shepherds and Mastiffs have killed far, far more adults - "fit" or otherwise - than Staffies.
Moreover, Staffies - unlike the three breeds mentioned above - are not even in the top 10 dog breeds for strength of bite (commonly measured in PSI - pounds per square inch).
This is, of course, setting aside the circumstantial issues surrounding dog attacks (eg lazy owners who don't exercise their dogs).
But hey, who needs facts?
I'm not sure what any of that has to do with the post I quoted mind. :lol:

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with the post I quoted mind. :lol:

Sorry, I'll clarify. The point is that while Staffies may be more powerful than Jack Russells, they are less likely to attack - kids or adults. And they are also both less powerful and less likely to attack people than Rottweilers (two kids killed by Rottweilers in recent times in UK - and they are comfortably the second most attack-prone breed in the US according to stats), German Shepherds, Mastiffs and numerous other breeds which you don't seem in a hurry to vilify.
Thus, the point re being able to pull a Jack Russell, but not a Staffy, off of a baby is - at best - moot.
Would you agree that too many Staffy owners in this country are charva wasters who, at best, either don't exercise their dogs properly or recklessly allow them to roam off-lead or who, at worst, actively train their dogs to be aggressive? Sadly, I would.
If so, and if Staffies are such a temperamentally unsound breed, then considering those irresponsible owners, the fact that they are also thought to be more numerous in this country than Jack Russells (far fewer of whose owners fit the aforementioned irresponsible profile) and the assumption that a Staffy's extra power would make a more serious - ie one worth reporting - attack, then it should surely follow that there should be far, far more Staffy attacks than Jack Russell attacks reported.
Yet that's not the case.
The 3 Most Aggressive Dog Breeds May Surprise You | Care2 Healthy Living

Dog owners man*shakes head* ..there is something wrong with the lot of you. 'It makes noise and shit and and can rive a man's throat out in seconds... but it's great with the kids'. Are you all f***ing daft man? You live in an urban environment yet choose to cohabit with something that is designed to fight? Do you wear a sword as well just in case? It's 2018 man you big daft bairns.

Sorry, I'll clarify. The point is that while Staffies may be more powerful than Jack Russells, they are less likely to attack - kids or adults. And they are also both less powerful and less likely to attack people than Rottweilers (two kids killed by Rottweilers in recent times in UK - and they are comfortably the second most attack-prone breed in the US according to stats), German Shepherds, Mastiffs and numerous other breeds which you don't seem in a hurry to vilify.
Thus, the point re being able to pull a Jack Russell, but not a Staffy, off of a baby is - at best - moot.
Would you agree that too many Staffy owners in this country are charva wasters who, at best, either don't exercise their dogs properly or recklessly allow them to roam off-lead or who, at worst, actively train their dogs to be aggressive? Sadly, I would.
If so, and if Staffies are such a temperamentally unsound breed, then considering those irresponsible owners, the fact that they are also thought to be more numerous in this country than Jack Russells (far fewer of whose owners fit the aforementioned irresponsible profile) and the assumption that a Staffy's extra power would make a more serious - ie one worth reporting - attack, then it should surely follow that there should be far, far more Staffy attacks than Jack Russell attacks reported.
Yet that's not the case.
The 3 Most Aggressive Dog Breeds May Surprise You | Care2 Healthy Living

3%. of dogs in the U.K. are Staffs.
30% of fatalities are caused by Staffs !

Nuff said.

Fact of the matter is we do leave kids on their own with dogs, anyone who says they ‘never do’ must mistrust the dog completely and be the best parents in the world. It’s the same with kids and hot drinks you take your eye off them and bang they are burned (happened to my boy) scarred arm for life. The ex felt terrible but it was accidental.

Fact of the matter is we do leave kids on their own with dogs, anyone who says they ‘never do’ must mistrust the dog completely and be the best parents in the world. It’s the same with kids and hot drinks you take your eye off them and bang they are burned (happened to my boy) scarred arm for life. The ex felt terrible but it was accidental.
Kids, but not new born babies surely? I locked the dog away or took her with me when leaving the baby when he was really young.

Honestly man some people in this thread.

I can only really go off my own personal experience with dogs and to be honest all the dogs in my family have been absolutely lovely.

My mam had a black Labrador years ago and she would deliberately lie in front of the fire place when my sister was a bairn Incase she fell. She was really protective of her when she was learning to walk letter her hold onto her and that.

I don’t believe for one second that all dogs are these savage beasts that kill for whatever reason. If you treat them correctly and bring them up right then most will be completely fine. Of course there’s the odd evil little dog here and there but it’s the same as human really.

Also every staffie I’ve ever encountered have been proper chilled little things that just wanted a stroke.

Honestly man some people in this thread.

I can only really go off my own personal experience with dogs and to be honest all the dogs in my family have been absolutely lovely.

My mam had a black Labrador years ago and she would deliberately lie in front of the fire place when my sister was a bairn Incase she fell. She was really protective of her when she was learning to walk letter her hold onto her and that.

I don’t believe for one second that all dogs are these savage beasts that kill for whatever reason. If you treat them correctly and bring them up right then most will be completely fine. Of course there’s the odd evil little dog here and there but it’s the same as human really.

Also every staffie I’ve ever encountered have been proper chilled little things that just wanted a stroke.

That’s much the same POV as the owners of almost every dog I caught tearing the throats out of my sheep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back