Away allocation

Status
Not open for further replies.

can't get tickets so watch it on dodgy tv...catch 22

You shouldn't be sitting in the pub watching away games on the foreign channels when our allocation is sold out. You should be giving the price of the match ticket to the club instead. I despise people like you.

This all started away to Spurs 3 seasons ago. We took the full 3k allocation, and were struggling to sell the last few hundred. Quinny announced on SAFC.COM that unless we sell out, our club has to pay the outstanding balance, as it is Spurs' policy!

We sold out pretty quickly, but the seed was sown. I know Chelsea have a similar policy, but don't know of any other clubs, including ourselves.

Some would say it is good financial sense by the club, and some hardened fans who miss games due to lower loyalty points will think it very small time!

I think we need a few more facts on this one, but i share the frustration of the OP.

Very small chance of us not selling out a 2,500 - 3,000 allocation for this game though I would of thought? I accept that we would have to foot the bill for unsold tickets, however would not have thought that would happen on this occasion.

But there is a chance that has been proven. We have failed to sell out at a few away games.

If we failed to sell 500 tickets at £34 a pop we'd effectively be losing £17,000.

Is that good business acumen? Regardless of whether or not we can afford it, it's just simply not good business. That could be someone's yearly salary at the club.

I could tell you how to save money quinny, stop playing riff raff like angeleri wages.. :-D

But there is a chance that has been proven. We have failed to sell out at a few away games.

If we failed to sell 500 tickets at £34 a pop we'd effectively be losing £17,000.

Is that good business acumen? Regardless of whether or not we can afford it, it's just simply not good business. That could be someone's yearly salary at the club.
You are incorrectly assuming that all clubs have this policy in place, to charge clubs for unsold tickets.

If we charged for empty seats in our away end, we'd be the richest club in the Premier!

You are incorrectly assuming that all clubs have this policy in place, to charge clubs for unsold tickets.

If we charged for empty seats in our away end, we'd be the richest club in the Premier!

Right...what would the point of Quinny taking a lower allocation at Everton be then? This obviously suggests Everton do have a system like this in place. Otherwise it would be pointless.

But if we fail to sell out. Which we have done at a few grounds then the club have to foot the bill. Why take the risk?

I thought normally clubs pay for first allocation then are allowed a further allocation at no risk, ESP at a ground such as evertons which is always a few thousand short ?

I see your point, but in the programme yesterday Quinn was saying that his recent statements about fans watching the games in pubs was nothing to do with financials, as 1.7 m extra revenue a season won't break the bank. It was to do with getting as many fans in to create the best, most intimidating atmosphere possible. Why then not take a chance on an increased fixture such as this one, which is likely to be an attractive game for a lot of fans?

If £1.7m won't break the bank, how will 17k?

Right...what would the point of Quinny taking a lower allocation at Everton be then? This obviously suggests Everton do have a system like this in place. Otherwise it would be pointless.
And Stoke don't forget.

Answer is, that i don't know, and i don't know our club's policy, but when i see the empty seats in our away end, i very much doubt that we have!

Like i said earlier in the thread, we need some facts, if anyone is in the know!

It seems very unfair that some clubs have this policy. I would even question the legality of it in Premier League Rules of designating away allocations.

I see your point, but in the programme yesterday Quinn was saying that his recent statements about fans watching the games in pubs was nothing to do with financials, as 1.7 m extra revenue a season won't break the bank. It was to do with getting as many fans in to create the best, most intimidating atmosphere possible. Why then not take a chance on an increased fixture such as this one, which is likely to be an attractive game for a lot of fans?

If £1.7m won't break the bank, how will 17k?

Point taken. Then again, our away crowds can be as loud and boisterous as most but it tends not to affect the result.

Home crowds on the other hand I believe can have an affect on the officials and the opposition players.

You never know, Everton might offer us more tickets.

And Stoke don't forget.

Answer is, that i don't know, and i don't know our club's policy, but when i see the empty seats in our away end, i very much doubt that we have!

Like i said earlier in the thread, we need some facts, if anyone is in the know!

It seems very unfair that some clubs have this policy. I would even question the legality of it in Premier League Rules of designating away allocations.

Stoke was a strange one. We sold out but we did take the lower allocation. However, looking at our end it looked as though there were a lot of free seats. I know it was raining and some fans moved further to the back to get out of it but after seeing the highlights I can't imagine that many fans moved to the back of the stand.

Point taken. Then again, our away crowds can be as loud and boisterous as most but it tends not to affect the result.

Home crowds on the other hand I believe can have an affect on the officials and the opposition players.

You never know, Everton might offer us more tickets.

Stoke was a strange one. We sold out but we did take the lower allocation. However, looking at our end it looked as though there were a lot of free seats. I know it was raining and some fans moved further to the back to get out of it but after seeing the highlights I can't imagine that many fans moved to the back of the stand.

stoke released 600 new tickets on the day in the away end

fuck off stoke, cheers for that you set of numb arsewholes

But that is merely a quarter of Bents fortnightly wages which we are now saving.

stoke released 600 new tickets on the day in the away end

fuck off stoke, cheers for that you set of numb arsewholes

Apart from what was claimed by them 6 fingered numbnuts on Oatcake do you have a link regarding these extra 600 tickets?

Hopefully Quinny keeps doing this until people get out of the pub for home games and we are getting 45k+ each week. Then we can start taking larger allocations for away games

have you been on the vino

Hopefully Quinny keeps doing this until people get out of the pub for home games and we are getting 45k+ each week. Then we can start taking larger allocations for away games

I have a season ticket I got turned down with 9 loyalty points well done SNQ. :roll::roll::roll::roll:

so quinny wants more fans at the sol to create an atmosphere (ie to help the team win) but takes a lower than offered allocation to away games to er let the home team have an advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back