Autistic Charlton Fan

I'm sure you are marra. I've got ASD myself and so have 3 of my kids. It's not an illness ;)
Since I've got older, I find it an advantage...though Covid further levelled the playing field somewhat, I'm sure you've felt that too. I'm passive so apart from being a bit of a clown, it's not noticed.

Since I've got older, I find it an advantage...though Covid further levelled the playing field somewhat, I'm sure you've felt that too. I'm passive so apart from being a bit of a clown, it's not noticed.
I didn't know I had it tbf. My oldest son by my first marriage is profoundly autistic with learning difficulties and behavioural problems so didn't really notice my older daughter having it. We just thought she was a bit odd :lol:.

She got herself diagnosed when she was in her twenties and I went with her to her assessment. The two doctors were asking questions and I said I know I'm not autistic because.... and the two doctors just looked at each other and sort of smirked. I thought to myself ah that's why I'm a bit weird :lol:
Ahhh good!
I was just thinking omg I’ve managed to lower the tone yet again :lol:
The end of the day it's quite easy to tell the difference between a bit of banter and people being out of order. Most of the lasses on here are spot on. They can give it, take it and speak out when a line has been crossed.

Last edited:
I didn't know I had it tbf. My oldest son by my first marriage is profoundly autistic with learning difficulties and behavioural problems so didn't really notice my older daughter having it. We just thought she was a bit odd :lol:.

She got herself diagnosed when she was in her twenties and I went with her to her assessment. The two doctors were asking questions and I said I know I'm not autistic because.... and the two doctors just looked at each other and sort of smirked. I thought to myself ah that's why I'm a bit weird :lol:
I was 28 when dagnosed, but I just sad to myself "they've got it wrong" for I was already a social disaster. Being passve I adjusted to fit into an NT world, but four years ago I thought bugger it and came out. My grandson is profoundly affected but is an incredible musician and singer, so there's some balance. The rates are increasing so maybe it is just human evolution.

I was 28 when dagnosed, but I just sad to myself "they've got it wrong" for I was already a social disaster. Being passve I adjusted to fit into an NT world, but four years ago I thought bugger it and came out. My grandson is profoundly affected but is an incredible musician and singer, so there's some balance. The rates are increasing so maybe it is just human evolution.
I don't know what NT is anymore. I analyse everyone and am convinced most people are on the spectrum.

Sorry to hear it mate. Nee need to be down though. Think of all the smashing women that are available to you :cool:
I'm not down mate. I went through that when I was in the process of splitting up just before Christmas. Went on the websites thinking I would be left on the shelf then got around 100 messages in a couple of days. Realised I'm happy on my own for a bit

I'm not down mate. I went through that when I was in the process of splitting up just before Christmas. Went on the websites thinking I would be left on the shelf then got around 100 messages in a couple of days. Realised I'm happy on my own for a bit
100 messages?! Is your patter fantastic or are you like totally hot? Red hot. As in steaming. As in mmmm yes!!!

100 messages, I could only dream 😔

It’s mental when you do on stuff like that. I think most blokes must be on there all the time. I went on one this morning and have been bombarded with matches and messages :lol:

New blood I think. It’s gonna be a busy few weeks :lol:

It’s mental when you do on stuff like that. I think most blokes must be on there all the time. I went on one this morning and have been bombarded with matches and messages :lol:

Show off.

I had five, all from a man with one leg and a liking for pigeons.

Probably right about new blood. Also lasses were surprised when I looked like my photos because they were off the month before with my ex cropped out :lol:

It wouldn’t. There’s really not many decent blokes around I’m afraid, most come with too much baggage that they can’t come to terms with.
I've bought my wife out of the house and she's got a new one and waiting for the contracts to be signed. We're getting on better than we have for years now but both think it's the best way to go. Kids are fine with it too.

Back