Australia in Lockdown . ......news

Australia to open borders November? State? International?

Source: unsubstantiated.

Seems unlikely if Sydney is still in lockdown surely.

Edit: found this
Quantas hopes

true, once vaccinations reach 80% they want to open up. not every state is in favour of it but it's the consistent line now

new case numbers have stayed up around the 1200 mark the last few days in NSW. hospital/icu admissions & deaths all creeping up though. well over 100 deaths now from this outbreak and just reiterating this was all from just 1 case.

120 new cases in victoria

'Daddy, tell me what the great 2020 pandemic was like to live through

'Well, while my fellow countrymen were dealing with relatives dying, hospitals being full up, and people worrying if their employer would be able to keep going, I spent most of it spreading disinformation on the Internet'

🤦‍♂️
well that makes you a shithouse

Noticed New Zealand had their first death for go knows how long too

Although the cases in NZ seem under control again
90 year old woman with underlying health issues , Not sure if vaccinated but doubt it .
Cases still happening 99% of them in Auckland . We still in Level 3 lockdown in South Island despite not having a case during this outbreak . In fact no cases for more than 300 days .
Vaccination rate still very low and now government worried about running out of vaccine .

similar numbers today in NSW... 3 kids are in intensive care, one of them a baby (on a ventilator). pretty grim that.

It’s only an unproven theory I have but I think that NSW and Victoria governments are happy that it’s out in the community so they can get herd immunity and the vaccination levels up. They want to get the economy moving and make lockdowns a thing of the past.
Mark McGowan (who I voted for) on the other hand seems adamant that he will keep the WA borders closed, meaning I don’t get to see my son this Crimbo. I think it’s all bullshit to get the WA vaccine rates up as our state is slow on the uptake to say the least.

It’s only an unproven theory I have but I think that NSW and Victoria governments are happy that it’s out in the community so they can get herd immunity and the vaccination levels up. They want to get the economy moving and make lockdowns a thing of the past.
Mark McGowan (who I voted for) on the other hand seems adamant that he will keep the WA borders closed, meaning I don’t get to see my son this Crimbo. I think it’s all bullshit to get the WA vaccine rates up as our state is slow on the uptake to say the least.
Yeah we’ve written off getting out there any time soon. Be coming up 2 years in November :(

Back