August SMB Photography Competition - Bygone Times - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many people will be visiting Beamish this month... :lol:

For me 'bygone times' could be anything really.

For example - Bygone Times for Stubber would be chasing Dinosaurs, where as myself just being a young'un could be playing subbuteo it's all subjective.

Really it's similar to the 'obsolete' month, but with a lot more scope for variation and interpretation - which is why I chose it.

Last edited:

A great new 'topic' but as said earlier its very difficult, for example bygone times here in this part of the world have little meaning to those in the UK, infact living here is often a bit like living in bygone times!
I guess Beamish will take a bit of hammer.
I have a few ideas in the 'agricultural' and 'caravan Silk Road' area's but will wait and look out for other 'everyday' events.
Have to get new battery's for the camera today - which entails a marathon donkey ride!!

A great new 'topic' but as said earlier its very difficult, for example bygone times here in this part of the world have little meaning to those in the UK, infact living here is often a bit like living in bygone times!
I guess Beamish will take a bit of hammer.
I have a few ideas in the 'agricultural' and 'caravan Silk Road' area's but will wait and look out for other 'everyday' events.
Have to get new battery's for the camera today - which entails a marathon donkey ride!!

Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing here, I see a bunch of stuff everyday which would be classed as bygone in the UK but which is state of the art here.

How about a public toilet shot Andy! I went in last night for a squirt and in each of the 3 cubicles, no doors, is a fella, in a suit, fag in gob, pants round ankles texting away on their phones and grunting. (For those who have never visited here, a toilet is a ceramic hole in the ground!)

How about a public toilet shot Andy! I went in last night for a squirt and in each of the 3 cubicles, no doors, is a fella, in a suit, fag in gob, pants round ankles texting away on their phones and grunting. (For those who have never visited here, a toilet is a ceramic hole in the ground!)

There are new "street urinals" being installed in bits of London :eek: Got the shock of my life walking through the Smithfield area on Saturday.

I think I might struggle this month to be honest.

Beamish is too far and I got rid of my 1950s Subbuteo a very long time ago. You know the ones before the plastic version came out in which the players were made from thin sheet metal.

Still, you never know. Something might come to mind but I usually have some idea spring quickly to mind.

You can't photograph that! :lol:

There are new "street urinals" being installed in bits of London :eek: Got the shock of my life walking through the Smithfield area on Saturday.
Logon or register to see this image
Hope they don't overflow?

If they're the ones PB posted they're not permanent are they? In Aderdeen they're only put out on friday and saturday night. Too many drunken buggers pissing on the street :lol:

What a gorgeous picture! Lovely colours.

Definitely going to be hard to beat. But I'm sure there will be loads of good photos, going by the standard of last month.

I had a picture i took, but think i will wait and see if i can come up with something better.

JUst a note on the rules folks.

It "appears" that one or two of last month's pictures weren't taken specifically for the competition. As I have been out of circulation for most of the month I'm letting that go but will rigorously enforce that rule from August onwards.

Thanks

AB

Never entered before, but I'll see if I can find anything next time I'm out and about with the camera. Got an idea that I could use, but don't think I've got as good a camera as some people seem to have!

Never entered before, but I'll see if I can find anything next time I'm out and about with the camera. Got an idea that I could use, but don't think I've got as good a camera as some people seem to have!
There are all sorts of cameras being used, from camera on the mobile through to professional photographers with expensive dslrs. Join in! Most of us judge the picture and not the "camera" quality (if that makes sense). If you have an eye for a photo you don't need a "good" camera anyway.

There are all sorts of cameras being used, from camera on the mobile through to professional photographers with expensive dslrs. Join in! Most of us judge the picture and not the "camera" quality (if that makes sense). If you have an eye for a photo you don't need a "good" camera anyway.

I need some half decent weather to be able to take the shot I had planned. Every day so far since I posted it's bloody rained!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back