August Challenge - Still Life. Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thats the creepiest thing i've ever seen.

Considering it's about the size of a thumb I thought the detail was fantastic. Tried about 10 shots but just could not get the depth right to make the flowers blur, last shot worked. Felt like a right knacker taking loads of photos of the cake when everyone else was ooooing over the baby that had been christened. :oops:

Considering it's about the size of a thumb I thought the detail was fantastic. Tried about 10 shots but just could not get the depth right to make the flowers blur, last shot worked. Felt like a right knacker taking loads of photos of the cake when everyone else was ooooing over the baby that had been christened. :oops:
Two accounts eh? ;)

Just threw in a phone snap from a street artist in bangkok. It doesn't really meet the theme, but when I was watching him paint I just thought, "agh... still life, still life, still life..!" :lol::confused:

For me, I think your pebbles photo is better than the one you submitted peachy. Love the colours and the light in it.

Really? lots of greys and browns, and not much colour, unless my screens damaged :lol:

I like the one she's submitted... bright and cheery, a depiction of still summer. Certainly better than the cock and balls garden utensils from the other month :-D

I've seen it mate, I was gonna comment but i think I'm out of the circle before i did some serious damage to my credit card!
Good idea. I am rationalising it on the basis that the amount I did lose was compensated in air miles by the original purchase! :lol:

you were so so close as well mate
But you done the responsible thing, and talked him out of it, didnt you sean?:lol:

Really? lots of greys and browns, and not much colour, unless my screens damaged :lol:

I like the one she's submitted... bright and cheery, a depiction of still summer. Certainly better than the cock and balls garden utensils from the other month :-D

Yep, I like the greys and browns. :)

I think the one she's submitted it a bit too colourful for me. I'm not entirely sure what it's about - it is the colours, the tea cup, the flowers? It's framed so that bits of each are cut off - not necessarily a bad thing but I think in this case it detracts from the subject.

The pebbles on the other hand are perfectly framed, and you know what the subject is. It's the subtelness of the pebbles against the sand, the colours blending together. Very calming. For me, anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back