August Challenge - Still Life. Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Wiki: Still life photography is the depiction of inanimate subject matter, most typically a small grouping of objects. Still life photography, more so than other types of photography, such as landscape or portraiture, gives the photographer more leeway in the arrangement of design elements within a composition.
Still life photography is a demanding art, one in which the photographers are expected to be able to form their work with a refined sense of lighting, coupled with compositional skills. The still life photographer makes pictures rather than takes them. Knowing where to look for propping and surfaces also is a required skill.

So there you go. August challenge is: Still Life.

Shots must be taken between now and the end of August.

Enjoy.

I see this month's competition is going well then :lol:

I'll probably post a wedding ring picture as have a 4 coming in in 8 days starting on saturday... not sure what other type of setup pic I could do based on the work i'll be doing. :)

Aye, and Psalm 23 is "The Lord is my shepherd"
Thats what the groom does for a living :) was a rush job for the shot just grabbed a bible and it opened at that page, hardest bit was the text coming through as the pages were too thin.

Aye, and Psalm 23 is "The Lord is my shepherd"
Thats what the groom does for a living :) was a rush job for the shot just grabbed a bible and it opened at that page, hardest bit was the text coming through as the pages were too thin.

you did ICBYDs wedding? canny gig that like.

I'll start the controversial ball rolling...

Does hell's shot meet them theme? Does the subject of still life demand to be at least partially created or arranged by the photographer?

I'd see it as photographing an inanimate object. The way I read it, Still Life gives the photographer the opportunity to arrange the subject but I wouldn't see that as a prerequisite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back