August Challenge - Still Life. Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I like the greys and browns. :)

I think the one she's submitted it a bit too colourful for me. I'm not entirely sure what it's about - it is the colours, the tea cup, the flowers? It's framed so that bits of each are cut off - not necessarily a bad thing but I think in this case it detracts from the subject.

The pebbles on the other hand are perfectly framed, and you know what the subject is. It's the subtelness of the pebbles against the sand, the colours blending together. Very calming. For me, anyway. :)
You're a boring bastard in real life, aren't you HB?:lol:

Built simple a light box, now I just need summit interesting to photograph..

thats the problem i'm having, trying to think of something to shoot. Got an idea i'm gonna try later. Only like one show so far this month.

thats the problem i'm having, trying to think of something to shoot. Got an idea i'm gonna try later. Only like one show so far this month.

tis a tough month.. I've got 2 ideas; both will make a decent shot IMO, but not really what I would make a habit of shooting..

tis a tough month.. I've got 2 ideas; both will make a decent shot IMO, but not really what I would make a habit of shooting..
I'm gonna probably go for B&W, if I do I've got to find something with plenty of texture.

good luck with that mate. Gonna use your velvet & soft box?

:lol: tis a decent shot marra, can see why you entered it. Will get votes IMO.
velvet but maybe my lenser as a light source to try spotlight the subject.

For me, I think your pebbles photo is better than the one you submitted peachy. Love the colours and the light in it.
Thanks, but I'm not sure it fulfilled the theme "Still Life" as AB22ET detailed in the opening post. (?) Not a fan of still life myself but made myself complete the task (I like challenges).

Well got a concept I was happy with, shot a load of shots. Just uploaded it on the computer to find i shot in bloody jpeg, image looked grainy and I wasn't happy. Re-shoot tomorrow I think!

Well got a concept I was happy with, shot a load of shots. Just uploaded it on the computer to find i shot in bloody jpeg, image looked grainy and I wasn't happy. Re-shoot tomorrow I think!

Bloody amateur ;)

I think mine is gonna be similar to Ross' photo. Had no time this month, but got my first day off in 4 weeks tomorrow so will see what I can come up with.

Did summat a bit different but still very 'still life', taken with the old Galaxy S so a bit limited,said all my efforts this year were gonna be taken with it till i sort myself a decent camera,still undecided about what to get,might have about £200-£250 to spend in the Jan sales,prepare to have your brains picked then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back