August 20th live footy on tv

Morning all,

Off for the train to black pudding land shortly. Hoping to hit the Cemetery Hotel by 5.30ish.

Not sure I'l be up this weekend though. RMT are staging industrial action on Sunday and there's only one(!) train the next day, with no services to London either. I could get back as far as Brum on Saturday, and hope for a coach substitute from there on Sunday, but, honestly, I don't need the stress. I can cancel both the hotel and train tickets. I'll make mu mind up tomorrow. Bit of a pisser, but I'll be off to Burnley and Peterborough, so it's not like a going to suffering football deprivation.

Respect is due.

Morning all,

Off for the train to black pudding land shortly. Hoping to hit the Cemetery Hotel by 5.30ish.

Not sure I'l be up this weekend though. RMT are staging industrial action on Sunday and there's only one(!) train the next day, with no services to London either. I could get back as far as Brum on Saturday, and hope for a coach substitute from there on Sunday, but, honestly, I don't need the stress. I can cancel both the hotel and train tickets. I'll make mu mind up tomorrow. Bit of a pisser, but I'll be off to Burnley and Peterborough, so it's not like a going to suffering football deprivation.

Enjoy ya black pudding ( best is in Bury mind).
Gawd kna’s when & where I’ll next appear :(
Morning. Sending her my love xx

Thankyou & ours to you
Hope recuperation going well & yr doing as yr told ;)

Last edited:
When did the hospital say you could be walking around marra.

It's a play it by ear thing! I'm high risk for DVT so they want me moving around as soon as I can for that, but at the same time I'm not allowed to do too much in case I cause further injury. They said a gentle walk would be ok as long as someone else holds the dog leads and I take it really easy.

Get someone to deliver you a cuppa outside mabbees
Now that is an excellent idea.
It's a play it by ear thing! I'm high risk for DVT so they want me moving around as soon as I can for that, but at the same time I'm not allowed to do too much in case I cause further injury. They said a gentle walk would be ok as long as someone else holds the dog leads and I take it really easy.
Just go steady mate.

Mam came round. I asked if she had any plans for tea. She said no, so I said it's cash turnstiles tonight and if we set off shortly, we'd be able to make Rochdale tonight. She told me to sod off :eek: :lol:

Feeling guilty now sitting on the sofa with my feet up while she's pushing the hoover round :oops:

Hull City v Blackburn Rovers
Championship
1930 kick off 19:45
Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD

Birmingham City v Barnsley
Championship
Kick off 19:45
Sky Sports Red Button

Derby County v Bristol City
Championship
Sky Sports Red Button

Smoggy bastards v Wigan Athletic
Championship
Sky Sports Red Button

Sheffield Wednesday v Luton Town
Championship
Sky Sports Red Button

LASK v Club Brugge
UEFA Champions League Play-Off 1st Leg
Kick off 20:00
BT Sport 3

Apoel Nicosia v Ajax
BT Sport 2

CFR Cluj v Slavia Prague
BT Sport ESPN

That's yer lot just our match on ifollow for me
The sylvan pastures of my imagination, sullied arnly by the stentorian tones of Messrs Benno & Barnes, where fiction often trumps fact.
Morning Hank, morning all

Nowt for me

Dads taxi duty again, in which case I better get off to bed
Steady hand on the tiller, Bishop, la.
I'm getting there. I'm off the morphine and managing on OTC paracetamol and brufen. I feel like I want to go out for a walk, but my belly is still really swollen and sore so I'm staying in. Maybe tomorrow.
Slow and steady wins the race, Red, la. According to Aesop. Personally, I tend to think otherwise, but who am I to argue with Herodotus, Plutarch & Aristotle? They arl rated the Greek fabulist. Zeno's Paradox, you say? Let's not gan there. Not the day.

Afternoon arl. A veritable Woolworth's pic 'n' mix of a day. Dinnat nar whether to shit or get off the pot. Nivva mind. I've been amusing mesel reading the Yellahamma Report. Ye bugger ter hell, flames ow, la. What a reet royal barls up, with fun times aheed. Tark about turkeys & Christmas, ar dinnar.

Any road, hoping fer the best the neet, expecting nothing, accepting whatever comes. Enjoy yasels. Stay sane*....

*For the avoidance of doubt, this is not a reference to a Citeh player of association football.

Last edited:

Back