Atsu completes £6.2m move to Mags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they will be, but there will also be players on the fringes of the first team on 10-15k a week. Also that would mean Clark is on more than 30k a week as he will still get his appearance fees at NUFC :lol:

I thought you were saying it was laughable that his flat weekly wage would be around £30k.

I mean he was going to be on 50% of that this season had he stayed at Villa, so I think £30k pw for Clark is about reasonable. He's certainly earned it this season.

Despite that report saying that they had 1600 employees around the time of the accounts closing? Ok then...
Surely that 1600 staff will mainly be made up of match day workers pulling pints, preparing food, stewards etc, they'll only be needed for a few hours a week, so probably don't even make £5k a year. It will have very little impact on their wage bill.

Imagine if McClaren or Pardew had paid £6.2m for someone who'd failed to impress in 2 previous loan spells in the PL and played 2nd fiddle to Gouffran in the Championship the mags would be foaming but since its Rafa the world class Gaffa they trust his judgement he doesn't sign shit players :oops:

Imagine if McClaren or Pardew had paid £6.2m for someone who'd failed to impress in 2 previous loan spells in the PL and played 2nd fiddle to Gouffran in the Championship the mags would be foaming but since its Rafa the world class Gaffa they trust his judgement he doesn't sign shit players :oops:

Why are you so bothered?
He played 35 games and gouffran is out of contract. Gotta keep decent squad players

Didn't you find signing Murphy for £3m similarly laughable? As if a club should only buy players for the ffirst team and not the squad?

And from what I've seen on here, what I've seen on Newcastle boards, what I've seen on twitter, what I've heard at the pub and at the match, most NEwcastle fans thinks he's ok, think it's decent value and think he'll be a squad player.

But I'm sure your opinion holds more water than that, right? :lol:

Why are you so bothered?
He played 35 games and gouffran is out of contract. Gotta keep decent squad players
He started about 15 compared to Gouffran 33

Tbf like signing shit like Atsu tells you where yous are as a club how the entertainers have fallen

Didn't you find signing Murphy for £3m similarly laughable? As if a club should only buy players for the ffirst team and not the squad?

And from what I've seen on here, what I've seen on Newcastle boards, what I've seen on twitter, what I've heard at the pub and at the match, most NEwcastle fans thinks he's ok, think it's decent value and think he'll be a squad player.

But I'm sure your opinion holds more water than that, right? :lol:
No I just found it funny how you were signing one of our shit former players

If it wasn't for the last few games none of yous would've wanted him

Keep on telling yourself he'll be a good squad player Bournemouth didn't seem to think so 0 appearances

Why would you even know that?
Just found it interesting to have a look at could understand yous saying he'll be a good squad player if he was a key player for yous but a bit part player to someone who's terrible in the PL :eek::lol:

He's fast that's about as much the lad has got going for him ability wise he's very limited

Last edited:
No I just found it funny how you were signing one of our shit former players

If it wasn't for the last few games none of yous would've wanted him

Keep on telling yourself he'll be a good squad player Bournemouth didn't seem to think so 0 appearances

Well, that's conjecture on your part.

The thing is Bear, he's all right. He'll do. £6m isn't a significant outlay, he's got resale value and we can comfortably afford the initial outlay. So I don't really understand the nature of your amusement.

I thought you were saying it was laughable that his flat weekly wage would be around £30k.

I mean he was going to be on 50% of that this season had he stayed at Villa, so I think £30k pw for Clark is about reasonable. He's certainly earned it this season.

It is laughable that is my whole argument ffs.

He signed a 5 year contract in 2015 at the height of villas wage bill. I doubt very much they pay 30k to players they rate highly.

It is laughable that is my whole argument ffs.

He signed a 5 year contract in 2015 at the height of villas wage bill. I doubt very much they pay 30k to players they rate highly.

Well, there seems to be a few sources claiming £30k, and you don't have any sources saying otherwise.

Signing on a long deal doesn't necessarily mean he'll also be played a lot.

Well, there seems to be a few sources claiming £30k, and you don't have any sources saying otherwise.

Signing on a long deal doesn't necessarily mean he'll also be played a lot.

The tabloid and ur fanzine sources?

Id say villas 85m wage bill is a huge piece of evidence.

Well, that's conjecture on your part.

The thing is Bear, he's all right. He'll do. £6m isn't a significant outlay, he's got resale value and we can comfortably afford the initial outlay. So I don't really understand the nature of your amusement.
Its not really though is it

The tabloid and ur fanzine sources?

Id say villas 85m wage bill is a huge piece of evidence.

Sure, papers and stuff, even stupid things like FM.

All you have is a total, no idea where Clark comes on the scale, especially when Villa had big earners that would skew the average dramatically.

Its not really though is it
You have proof of the consensus opinion of Newcastle fans on Atsu months ago?

Sure, papers and stuff, even stupid things like FM.

All you have is a total, no idea where Clark comes on the scale, especially when Villa had big earners that would skew the average dramatically.

You have proof of the consensus opinion of Newcastle fans on Atsu months ago?
I read plenty on Twitter saying they didn't rate him when word first came out that you's were activating the buy clause. Also work with a handful of season card holders who say they don't rate him at all

But since he has signed all I've read is a change of tune "Rafa knows what hes doing, good squad player" :lol:

I read plenty on Twitter saying they didn't rate him when word first came out that you's were activating the buy clause. Also work with a handful of season card holders who say they don't rate him at all

But since he has signed all I've read is a change of tune "Rafa knows what hes doing, good squad player" :lol:
So you don't have proof of consensus then.

I know what I've read and heard you f***ing prat
Aye, but you're presenting it as the consensus, which seems unlikely as it's counter to my experience and I likely spend more time with Newcastle fans, reading Newcastle boards, reading Newcastle Twitter, reading Newcastle articles etc.

You cant even quote facts about your team right man. Clark started 18 premier league games, 2 sub appearances.

93m Divided by 25 squad players is an average of 71k a week, so to say Clark is on 30k a week is an optimistic estimate and one that doesnt link well with Villas wage bill but that wouldnt match the Chronicles North Korea like Propaganda so of course Im wrong as I dont post shite profressionally like Lee Ryder with him simulating football manager in the Chronicle offices :lol:
No, Clark made a total of 18 appearances in the Premier League in the 15/16 season (via Squawka and Transfermarkt), is that considered a "first teamer" to you? Your "guess" of the wage bill is inaccurate, the wage bill represents the whole club, manager, coaching staff, medical team, directors and youth players, not just the 25 senior squad members. The average you have come up with is highly unrepresentative.

Transfermarkt also lists Aston Villa as having 44 senior squad members in the 15/16 season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back