Athletico Mince

He is one of the best comedians in our lifetimes. Big statement but he is absolutely mental.
Shooting stars was brilliant and mostly down to his work.

He was on Would I Lie To You? a few years ago and he told a story about him winding up a teacher but it went so far off a tangent it became insane to believe. It was however true and he really is that nuts.

He is one of the best comedians in our lifetimes. Big statement but he is absolutely mental.
Shooting stars was brilliant and mostly down to his work.

He was on Would I Lie To You? a few years ago and he told a story about him winding up a teacher but it went so far off a tangent it became insane to believe. It was however true and he really is that nuts.

Did you see the one where he said he could pull an apple in half with his bare hands, then did it? :lol:

I'm probably biased but I think he's the very, very best. You look at all the (rightful) praise that Peter Cook and Spike Milligan get - Bob tops them both for me.

You could be right, he is to me anyway he’s been my comedy hero since Big night out. There are other probably cleverer more intricate comedians like Stewart lee, but bob could make anything funny. Had me in stitches with Beardsley getting in the tank with a fuckin flask. That dara o Brian impression is unreal.

You could be right, he is to me anyway he’s been my comedy hero since Big night out. There are other probably cleverer more intricate comedians like Stewart lee, but bob could make anything funny. Had me in stitches with Beardsley getting in the tank with a fuckin flask. That dara o Brian impression is unreal.

Mince is the perfect platform for him cos it just lets him take a snippet of an idea and run with it if it works. Like, the Alderman came out of a throwaway line in one of the questions I asked him about his millionaire lifestyle and grew into a fully-formed character. Same with Barry Homeowner - one of the names he gave me to choose from at the start of one of the episodes.

Mince is the perfect platform for him cos it just lets him take a snippet of an idea and run with it if it works. Like, the Alderman came out of a throwaway line in one of the questions I asked him about his millionaire lifestyle and grew into a fully-formed character. Same with Barry Homeowner - one of the names he gave me to choose from at the start of one of the episodes.

It's the detail of the stories that gets me. Was talking to my mates about it and it's astonishing to think that they come out of his head- he's incredible. The Beardsley "song" when he's just rambling on with that music in the background was just pure genius. The very best bits are when you start giggling though and it sets you both off - funny as fuck. I could go on but would probably get slated for gushing like a school girl to you about it. Well played though, I absolutely love it.

It's the detail of the stories that gets me. Was talking to my mates about it and it's astonishing to think that they come out of his head- he's incredible. The Beardsley "song" when he's just rambling on with that music in the background was just pure genius. The very best bits are when you start giggling though and it sets you both off - funny as fuck. I could go on but would probably get slated for gushing like a school girl to you about it. Well played though, I absolutely love it.

Thanks mate - we both really appreciate how massively into it some of the listeners are. It's the BEST fun to do as well. I'm a jammy, jammy bastard.

Are Barry Homeowner and the Landlord related?

I don't know if you've ever handled Semtex? I challenge you to distinguish it from the outside of a fig roll.

:lol::lol:

Skip to 9 mins..

Last edited:

Back