Aston Villa Splashing the Cash

they're going to over 50k

Logon or register to see this image

You do realise they’re owned by an investment group don’t you? An investment group who lost a billion when Thomas Cook collapsed.

If you think they’re going to be chucking millions into ground development then you are even more of a buffoon than I thought.
yes they will they have the worlds biggest most important agent bringing them players

they'll have a bigger stadium than you in a couple of years too

The buffoon is off again. They aren’t prepared to spend the money so whoever the agent is, is irrelevant.

Last edited:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Even if we assume they won't replace any outgoing players with equal or better quality, you have to replace all your team bar Grealish to catch them!

Deluded to the max!

Oh really? Mingd, McGinn and Heaton are very much like for like. Them losing 2 would swing it the other way. What is so deluded about that?

You do realise they’re owned by an investment group don’t you? An investment group who lost a billion when Thomas Cook collapsed.

If you think they’re going to be chucking millions into ground development then you are even more of a buffoon than I thought.

The buffoon is off again. They aren’t prepared to spend the money so whoever the agent is, is irrelevant.

Wolves forum I had a read of (poster on there who apparently is involved in the financing of our new stadium) and I saw a few comments saying that their stadium plans appear to have halted and there are fears amongst some of their fans that it will be put on hold.

The concern for Wolves fans would be their owner is a chinese company and once the Chinese government says no to something thats basically it - they as a nation are becoming more and more inward in terms of football and investment in football outside of their national players / country is starting to dry up.

Last edited:
Wolves forum I had a read of (poster on there who apparently is involved in the financing of our new stadium) and I saw a few comments saying that their stadium plans appear to have halted and there are fears amongst some of their fans that it will be put on hold.

The concern for Wolves fans would be their owner is a chinese company and once the Chinese government says no to something thats basically it - they as a nation are becoming more and more inward in terms of football and investment in football outside of their national players / country is starting to dry up.

Wolves are owned by an investment company. They were the largest shareholder in Thomas Cook and lost a billion when the company collapsed. Subsequently, there were no major signings made by the club last Summer and a veiled statement from the board stated that it was now time for the club to become self sufficient. I would be very surprised if a budget was made available for a new stadium. I think Wolves fans need to concern themselves more with maintaining the team rather than dream about having the Nou Camp of the Midlands.

Wolves were purchased for around £30 million - It could be the best for all parties if the investors sold their asset. I can't see the value of the club rising much higher than it is today. Maybe that way, they would find someone who is prepared to invest in team building. As you say, the Chinese Government frown upon anyone who is investing in sport overseas.

Currently, Wolves are selling around 29,000 home tickets. I'm not sure what the waiting list is like or how serious the people on it are in buying season tickets but they really need a few years of stability in the PL before even considering multi million pound ventures into stadium re-development. As do Villa btw.

Wolves are owned by an investment company. They were the largest shareholder in Thomas Cook and lost a billion when the company collapsed. Subsequently, there were no major signings made by the club last Summer and a veiled statement from the board stated that it was now time for the club to become self sufficient. I would be very surprised if a budget was made available for a new stadium. I think Wolves fans need to concern themselves more with maintaining the team rather than dream about having the Nou Camp of the Midlands.

Wolves were purchased for around £30 million - It could be the best for all parties if the investors sold their asset. I can't see the value of the club rising much higher than it is today. Maybe that way, they would find someone who is prepared to invest in team building. As you say, the Chinese Government frown upon anyone who is investing in sport overseas.

Currently, Wolves are selling around 29,000 home tickets. I'm not sure what the waiting list is like or how serious the people on it are in buying season tickets but they really need a few years of stability in the PL before even considering multi million pound ventures into stadium re-development. As do Villa btw.

Which with any luck won't happen.

What are you blathering on about the plans have been submitted and work starts at the end of the season you utter ass clown

Yeah cause an investment group don't have a rainy day fund lol

🤣 🤣 🤣

"Oh dear - We've just lost £1 Billion. What shall we do?"

"Well we could either tighten up the purse strings or dip into the rainy day fund and throw more multi millions at a project that will never pay for itself"

"Yeah let's damage the portfolio further by building a new stand. It makes perfect business sense"

🤣 🤣 🤣

"Well we could either tighten up the purse strings or dip into the rainy day fund and throw more multi millions at a project that will never pay for itself"

"Yeah let's damage the portfolio further by building a new stand. It makes perfect business sense"
Again you imbecile

The stadium improvements ARE happening and start at the end of this season

Again you imbecile

The stadium improvements ARE happening and start at the end of this season

I look forward to them. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Wish I shared your optimism though.

Again, I point you towards the loss of one billion - That is BILLION, not million. We'll see who the imbecile is at the end of the season won't we?

I was always under the impression that the organisation that owns them was a front for Chinese government money? Have I got this confused ?

I was always under the impression that the organisation that owns them was a front for Chinese government money? Have I got this confused ?
As far as I’m aware, they are a private investment group. They seem to piggyback on the new found desire of Chinese people to take holidays, hence their investment in Thomas cook and other leisure companies.

Even if they wanted to fund the building of new stands, they would have trouble getting the money out of China due to the government restrictions.

🤣 🤣 🤣

Biggest mongo on this board mate and that's saying something Cridge. Giving it the bigguns when you're from Birmingham man :oops:

Last edited:
I stopped reading after I heard Fosun lost £1billion from Thomas Cook collapse haha.

Did you read that in one of the papers?? Your wrong btw.

Fosun ain’t silly they sat back and watched Thomas Cook collapse as they didn’t believe in its current structure and that the high streets shops were the main reason it was losing money.

They have since brought all the online rights to Thomas Cook for around £14m and have re employed the main chief executives who were in charge of the on line side of the business and will be relaunching the business again.

They have come out of this very well. Anyway even if they did loose £1billion instantly they would still have profits at the end of the year

Fosun look set to sell part of the club to other investors n the coming years. It was always part of their plan to buy a football club on the cheep and invest in it until it’s value rises then sell 20% and make all their money back.

Last edited:

Back