Aston Villa Splashing the Cash

How much more can they improve? How much more can we improve?

They could quite easily lose their best 2 players in the summer. They won’t be replaced like for like.

At some point we will overtake wolves, be it next season or 3 years or whatever. They know it and that’s why they fear us.
You'll likely be in different divisions next season :lol:

They could quite easily lose their best 2 players in the summer. They won’t be replaced like for like.
yes they will they have the worlds biggest most important agent bringing them players

they'll have a bigger stadium than you in a couple of years too

Last edited:
yes they will they have the worlds biggest most important agent bringing them players

they'll have a bigger stadium than you in a couple of years too
Risky business increasing ground capacity. They need a 40k ground at the moment, but all it would take is a relegation and they would be back down to 25k. Demand at Villa is still greater than at Wolves.

Risky business increasing ground capacity. They need a 40k ground at the moment, but all it would take is a relegation and they would be back down to 25k. Demand at Villa is still greater than at Wolves.
I agree. Villa have a bigger fan base. I was at Wolves at the weekend and it's a nice ground. They could do with finishing off the corners but they are not in a place to spend on the stadium instead of the team.

They are not getting relegated anytime soon though, that is not a worry! It is for villa!

I agree. Villa have a bigger fan base. I was at Wolves at the weekend and it's a nice ground. They could do with finishing off the corners but they are not in a place to spend on the stadium instead of the team.

They are not getting relegated anytime soon though, that is not a worry! It is for villa!
It’s a lovely ground, although the away end is shite. I wouldn’t go anymore than 40k if I was them, but no doubt they will go for about 45k. That takes makes it the biggest ground in the midlands. If they continue the way they are going they would fill it most weeks with cheap tickets. The problem is once you’ve had a few seasons finishing 6th-7th fans can soon start expecting more and if they don’t get it, unrest settles in, which is stupid really. They still have a very long way to go to overtake Villa as the bigger club. Leicester are a very similar club to wolves but they seem to have hit gold again.

They’ve won 1 more game than Villa have this season. I don’t know why you think they’re world beaters.
You've lost 8 more than them, they are on the verge of a European spot, your lot are in the bottom three.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How much more can they improve? How much more can we improve?

At some point we will overtake wolves, be it next season or 3 years or whatever. They know it and that’s why they fear us.

You've just completely backtracked on your comment about them not being much better than Villa to saying that it is hard for them to improve their team and it's easy for Villa to improve.

It's also went from a certainty that Villa will be level with them this season and above them next season, to "At some point we will overtake wolves, be it next season or 3 years or whatever"

Cridge.:cool::cool:

It’s a lovely ground, although the away end is shite. I wouldn’t go anymore than 40k if I was them, but no doubt they will go for about 45k. That takes makes it the biggest ground in the midlands. If they continue the way they are going they would fill it most weeks with cheap tickets. The problem is once you’ve had a few seasons finishing 6th-7th fans can soon start expecting more and if they don’t get it, unrest settles in, which is stupid really. They still have a very long way to go to overtake Villa as the bigger club. Leicester are a very similar club to wolves but they seem to have hit gold again.
This "bigger" club thing is the problem. You were good 30 years ago! You won things in the past, really doesn't matter!

Well good luck to em’. If I was them I’d grow some roots in the premier league first. Will it be a gradual thing or straight up to 50k .
as said they have mega rich owners and the support of the worlds biggest agent they'll be fine

Premier league seems to draw the fans, our own capacity will go to 62500 next year ad 66-68000 the following season depending how may seats get added when the ends are bought closer in the summer

Last edited:
This "bigger" club thing is the problem. You were good 30 years ago! You won things in the past, really doesn't matter!
It is irrelevant I admit . Size means nothing now. Luckily we have one of the best grounds in England too.
as said they have mega rich owners and the support of the worlds biggest agent they'll be fine
I’ve always said wolves on the rise is the kick up the arse we need. It can only be good for the region and hopefully good for us in the long run to have a local rival who are a genuine top team.

Last edited:
If they have the money, then fair enough!

Not getting a free stadium handed to them!😉
London stadium lost ANOTHER 17m last year

We'll come the taxpayers rescue soon enough and buy it (at an enormous discount of course)

as athletics will be moved out soon will be fairly simple to dig the pitch down and then add rows to take the seats up to pitch edge

Last edited:
London stadium lost ANOTHER 17m last year

We'll come the taxpayers rescue soon enough ad buy it (at an enormous discount of course)

as athletics will be moved out soon will be fairly simple to dig the pitch down and then add rows to take the seats up to pitch edge
Not sure what your point was other than agreeing with me?

You can't be praised when you finally pay for the stadium!

Not sure what your point was other than agreeing with me?

You can't be praised when you finally pay for the stadium!
we contribute 10m a year or so all told as It is
they still managed to end up losin 17m

the tax paying public should get down on their knees and thanks us when we buy it for about 20m in a few years

I really don't care. Do you seriously think that I lose any sleep over what complete strangers on an internet forum, circa 200 miles away think about me or my team?

I read the anti - Villa stuff when we signed Bent, about a year after the event and joined then.
Yes. I actually think you're a bit touched and all of this makes you punch holes in ya nannas drywall

Back