Aston Villa Splashing the Cash

I was a bit concerned with Smiths post match interview yesterday. He was asked about if there was a striker coming in and he said I don’t know I’ve not spoke to the (whoever brings players in) yet. Didn’t sound very good at all.

Size has nothing to do with it. Funnily enough when I was there yesterday it did dawn on me that we really have been left behind and just make the numbers up now. We were always a bigger club than city but we missed the boat big time. Regarding crowds who knows what will happen. Yesterday’s game was the first game this season that sold out on the day. The rest have been selling out before match day. Saying that the only tickets left on sale before the game yesterday were priced between £45-£51. People are not going to keep paying that whilst watching a struggling side.
I wouldn't pay that to watch a successful side mate, ouch , that is expensive.

I wouldn't pay that to watch a successful side mate, ouch , that is expensive.
It’s not for every game only category A games which about 8 games will fall under. Overpriced for sure.
Many will disagree but I don't think Grealish is stupid, think his dad has quite a big influence and although they are villa fans, he wouldn't sign a contract that doesn't cover his best interests. Im surprised more players don't ask for release clauses to be inserted, I know if I was a player at the top end, I'd want one

I thunk he's quality, I dint get the negativity for him on this board.
It’s probably because he’s not liked and goes to the ground a lot. Most of my non supporting villa mates don’t like him.

Last edited:
That's bollocks. The anti Villa stuff started way before I joined. In fact it was the reason I joined.
Possibly, although I don’t recall much of it. However you have clouded peoples judgement and due to you villa get a lot more stick than they otherwise would.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s not just Villa, there’s something about the midlands clubs, Leicester, Wolves, Forest, Derby they’re all the same, absolute helmets with their shit songs about other teams atmospheres and empty seats

Villa are the kings though

Possibly, although I don’t recall much of it. However you have clouded peoples judgement and due to you villa get a lot more stick than they otherwise would.

I really don't care. Do you seriously think that I lose any sleep over what complete strangers on an internet forum, circa 200 miles away think about me or my team?

I read the anti - Villa stuff when we signed Bent, about a year after the event and joined then.

More spending

Needed with Wesley out. They'll sell Kodija to offset it a bit. I'm not sure that Samatta will be the player they want though. Will take time to adjust to the game over here (once he gets a work permit) so may not get off the ground running. I think they'll just about stay up BTW.

Needed with Wesley out. They'll sell Kodija to offset it a bit. I'm not sure that Samatta will be the player they want though. Will take time to adjust to the game over here (once he gets a work permit) so may not get off the ground running. I think they'll just about stay up BTW.
This is my reasoning on the possible signing. His goal ratio is good, but it could take him time to settle in. We shall see.

This is my reasoning on the possible signing. His goal ratio is good, but it could take him time to settle in. We shall see.

Yeah, judging from his record, it took him a season or two to adapt in Belgium. If things happen right, he could come out of the traps flying, of course.

Shame that Wesley is out for the season as I thought, unlike the other big money Brazilian newcomer up front in the Premier League, he was starting to find his feet.

Yeah, judging from his record, it took him a season or two to adapt in Belgium. If things happen right, he could come out of the traps flying, of course.

Shame that Wesley is out for the season as I thought, unlike the other big money Brazilian newcomer up front in the Premier League, he was starting to find his feet.
He could be like Benteke was, or he could be like Wesley. From the first moment I saw Wesley play in pre season I was concerned. Just when you think he might be finding his feet he will give you 5-6 games where he may as well not be on the pitch. He’s still young mind, so who knows what will happen. Paid way over the odds though.

He could be like Benteke was, or he could be like Wesley. From the first moment I saw Wesley play in pre season I was concerned. Just when you think he might be finding his feet he will give you 5-6 games where he may as well not be on the pitch. He’s still young mind, so who knows what will happen. Paid way over the odds though.

Certainly agree about the fee.... again, he might have been someone to slowly integrate into the team rather than play him week in, week out. You've massively missed Abraham, obviously, and Kodija clearly hasn't stepped up.

Certainly agree about the fee.... again, he might have been someone to slowly integrate into the team rather than play him week in, week out. You've massively missed Abraham, obviously, and Kodija clearly hasn't stepped up.
That’s the mistake we made by putting all our eggs in one basket with Wesley. He may have come on better if he wasn’t our main striker and our only realistic option in this league. I’m surprised we didn’t sign another one to take the weight off. Gutted Abraham went but very pleased for him. He deserves his big break. Kodjia isn’t good enough and he can’t be arsed anyway.

He could well be coming in as the back up striker. With Kodjia seemingly gone, we still need a minimum of 2 strikers this window.

I really don't care. Do you seriously think that I lose any sleep over what complete strangers on an internet forum, circa 200 miles away think about me or my team?

I read the anti - Villa stuff when we signed Bent, about a year after the event and joined then.
f***ing hell Cringe you still here?
What a sad existence you must live.

Back