Aston Villa Splashing the Cash

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's bollocks. The anti Villa stuff started way before I joined. In fact it was the reason I joined.

1822 posts on another team's message board. Including Boxing Day :)

How sad is that?

Fairly obvious the Villa(ge) idiot joined to feed his obsession with SAFC.

He would improve Liverpool and city?
First of all, who would he replace and how would he improve them
I see your point with this. I don’t think he’s good enough, but you never know. Mahrez is flying at city now and I honestly thought he’d just be a squad player for them.

I think he'll go whatever happens. However, if McGuire went for £80 million...........

There'll be bigger than Man U in for him.
He has a release clause of 45 million tho,
Must admit and goes against the grain but I like Grealish like, class Baaalla.....
He's quality , in a decent team he could ten a season in goals, add in his assists, it's easy to see why he would do well

Last edited:
He has a release clause of 45 million tho,

You seem pretty sure of this. I can only tell you that in one of his very recent pre-match press conferences, Dean Smith stated that NO player in the squad has a release clause and that the owners were not the type who want to sell their best players. It's up to you whether you believe Dean Smith or some silly newspaper who are looking for another story.

You seem pretty sure of this. I can only tell you that in one of his very recent pre-match press conferences, Dean Smith stated that NO player in the squad has a release clause and that the owners were not the type who want to sell their best players. It's up to you whether you believe Dean Smith or some silly newspaper who are looking for another story.
Pretty much all the media outlets are reporting that there is a clause when he signed. When he signed you were in the championship, my guess would be right now there is no clause, but when or if you get relegated the clause comes back into play. Grealish held all the cards when he signed a new contract with you, no way would he have been advised to sign a contract all on villas terms.

I'd like to see Grealish stay at Villa his whole career and get them a top half finish or a European qualification. Would be refreshing to see a local lad stick with his team for once.

Pretty much all the media outlets are reporting that there is a clause when he signed. When he signed you were in the championship, my guess would be right now there is no clause, but when or if you get relegated the clause comes back into play. Grealish held all the cards when he signed a new contract with you, no way would he have been advised to sign a contract all on villas terms.

I think he signed an improved contract after we won promotion. Possibly there is a relegation clause as I mentioned previously.

I think he signed an improved contract after we won promotion. Possibly there is a relegation clause as I mentioned previously.
Many will disagree but I don't think Grealish is stupid, think his dad has quite a big influence and although they are villa fans, he wouldn't sign a contract that doesn't cover his best interests. Im surprised more players don't ask for release clauses to be inserted, I know if I was a player at the top end, I'd want one
He’s on 8 goals already and 6 assists. He’s definitely stepped up this season.
I thunk he's quality, I dint get the negativity for him on this board.

Many will disagree but I don't think Grealish is stupid, think his dad has quite a big influence and although they are villa fans, he wouldn't sign a contract that doesn't cover his best interests. Im surprised more players don't ask for release clauses to be inserted, I know if I was a player at the top end, I'd want one

I thunk he's quality, I dint get the negativity for him on this board.

His dad is a massive influence and very ambitious for his son. However, if Dean Smith has stated that there is no release clause then I'm happy with that.

Smith would not stand in his way if a top 4/6 side came knocking but a fair figure would need to be paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back