Aston Villa Splashing the Cash

Have wolves actually signed anyone? I know we hijacked their Konsa bid. We’ve improved our squad drastically whilst wolves have stood still.

Mings is a quality player and will surprise many this season.
You’ve improved but the gap from 5th in the championship to 17th in the premier league is enormous

To 7th in the premier league even bigger

Have wolves actually signed anyone? I know we hijacked their Konsa bid. We’ve improved our squad drastically whilst wolves have stood still.

Mings is a quality player and will surprise many this season.

Drastically?
You’ve signed a striker from Belgium - is he any better than Abraham?
Mings was there last season - so no change
Targett is an upgrade but drastic?
A centre back from Brentford
A winger from Birmingham

Is that really a drastic improvement or have I missed loads of signings?

On the basis that the cream always rises to the top. Currently, I don’t think there is much between the 2 teams. Maybe wolves just shade it but they could quite easily go backwards this time around.
That's a bit of a rubbish argument. By your thoughts the premier league would still look like it did at the end of the 2005 season yet the football hierarchy has changed. Teams don't have any divine right to perform well over time, hence Sunderland currently being in League 1.

Wolves are definitely 100% a better team. They finished 7th in the Premier League and Villa finished 5th in the Championship. That is the real current state of both teams.

It'll take some very impressive summer transfer activity to turn that around and it's more likely not to happen in the next 2 seasons than for it to happen.

Drastically?
A winger from Birmingham

Lad from Belgian has 40 goals in 130 games as well. He could be a success but on paper he looks overpriced

On the basis that the cream always rises to the top. Currently, I don’t think there is much between the 2 teams. Maybe wolves just shade it but they could quite easily go backwards this time around.

You are either Trolling or you are a complete and utter idiot regarding your views on Aston Villa’s current status and you are definitely deluded, it isn’t 1981/82 matey it is 2019 you need to give your head a great big wobble.

Wolves are absolutely light years in front of Aston Villa at this point in time and only a fool would say otherwise, as much as I dislike West Ham as a Spurs fan Aston Villa are also light years behind them, West Ham have some excellent players, your earlier comment regarding them as shite was idiotic at best.

Drastically?
A winger from Birmingham

A central defender from Belgium and a defensive midfielder from Man City. In addition, we have a new right back who was signed in January but was loaned back. So that’s an entirely new defence including Mings being made permanent, a new defensive midfielder and a new striker. That’s more than half the side so yes it’s drastic changes. A new keeper and another wide player will also almost certainly be signed before the season kicks off and it wouldn’t surprise me if another striker also joins.

A central defender from Belgium and a defensive midfielder from Man City. In addition, we have a new right back who was signed in January but was loaned back. So that’s an entirely new defence including Mings being made permanent, a new defensive midfielder and a new striker. That’s more than half the side so yes it’s drastic changes. A new keeper and another wide player will also almost certainly be signed before the season kicks off and it wouldn’t surprise me if another striker also joins.
you've spent 80m on 7 players

I wouldn't be expecting to get more than 3-4 first team players for our starting side for that at the most, probbaly more like 2 or 3

Unless you're picking up some good frees but I don' think you have?

Last edited:
That's a bit of a rubbish argument. By your thoughts the premier league would still look like it did at the end of the 2005 season yet the football hierarchy has changed. Teams don't have any divine right to perform well over time, hence Sunderland currently being in League 1.

Wolves are definitely 100% a better team. They finished 7th in the Premier League and Villa finished 5th in the Championship. That is the real current state of both teams.

It'll take some very impressive summer transfer activity to turn that around and it's more likely not to happen in the next 2 seasons than for it to happen.

Only 12 months ago people were saying we had no divine right to be in the PL. Now we are. The thing with big clubs is that once momentum begins, they begin to perform, as we will see with Villa over the next few years. Wolves will never have that.

As for hierarchy, we have the 3rd richest owners and they are showing a willingness to commit.

Only 12 months ago people were saying we had no divine right to be in the PL. Now we are. The thing with big clubs is that once momentum begins, they begin to perform, as we will see with Villa over the next few years. Wolves will never have that.

As for hierarchy, we have the 3rd richest owners and they are showing a willingness to commit.

How does this tie in with Villa, Bill? :lol:

they've not spent that much?

QPR had the richest owners in the world a while ago, how did that work out?

Fulhams owner is richer than the owners of Spurs, Leicester, Everton and West Ham, and just as willing of not more so to spend the cash.

end of the day FFP prevents them just dumping a load of cash in anyway

Last edited:
they've not spent that much?

QPR had the richest owners in the world a while ago, how did that work out?

Fulhams owner is richer than the owners of Spurs, Leicester, Everton and West Ham

end of the day FFP prevents them just dumping a load of cash in anyway

Not spent that much? How many have spent more this summer and they haven’t finished yet.

I love it when people harp on about ffp and then hope for their club to be bought by a wealthy Arab.

Not spent that much? How many have spent more this summer and they haven’t finished yet.

I love it when people harp on about ffp and then hope for their club to be bought by a wealthy Arab.
80m is relative peanuts when you are starting with a 5th placed Championship side

you NEED to spend way more than most to even have a chance of staying up

and I have mentioned rich arabs where?

stop making things up

you also have to consider that half what you have spent went on players you already had so you've truly invested about 40m into improving what came 5th in the championship

Last edited:
80m is relative peanuts when you are starting with a 5th placed Championship side

you NEED to spend way more than most to even have a chance of staying up

and I have mentioned rich arabs where?

stop making things up

you also have to consider that half what you have spent went on players you already had so you've truly invested about 40m into improving what came 5th in the championship

Why are you dictating to me about the PL? You’re West Ham ffs.

You seem obsessed with the massive gap between the PL and championship despite relegated teams almost always struggling in there. (See stoke and Swansea last year). There isn’t a great deal between most of the bottom half of the PL and the top of the Championship.

Ours was probably the best squad in the Championship last season and as I said previously, 5th is misleading given the change of manager during the season and the change in defence and gk in January.

Ours was probably the best squad in the Championship last season and as I said previously, 5th is misleading given the change of manager during the season and the change in defence and gk in January.

brilliant :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

and since then you've lost your main goalscorer and replaced him with a bloke with an average at best scoring record in the weak Belgian league

you\re best player has NEVER done it at Premier League level and has a poor record for end product at Championship level - sod Wolves why not go for the top 6?

Last edited:
Why are you dictating to me about the PL? You’re West Ham ffs.

You seem obsessed with the massive gap between the PL and championship despite relegated teams almost always struggling in there. (See stoke and Swansea last year). There isn’t a great deal between most of the bottom half of the PL and the top of the Championship.

West ham with the better ground
Better team
Better manager
Better location

That west ham?

Off yours tits you mind.

Fair play :lol:

You have to be a wum :lol:

brilliant :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

and since then you've lost your main goalscorer and replaced him with a bloke with an average at best scoring record in the weak Belgian league

you\re best player has NEVER done it at Premier League level and has a poor record for end product at Championship level - sod Wolves why not go for the top 6?

I’m not bothered about Abraham. I have doubts whether he’s ready for the PL. 2nd half of the season, he was mediocre and didn’t do a great deal in the high pressure play offs. I suspect that another striker will be joining in the next few weeks.

I’m not interested in Wolves either. I see them as no more a threat than yourselves. Top 6 is a target further down the line.

West ham with the better ground
Better team
Better manager
Better location

That west ham?
and 20,000 extra fans every week

I’m not bothered about Abraham. I have doubts whether he’s ready for the PL. 2nd half of the season, he was mediocre and didn’t do a great deal in the high pressure play offs. I suspect that another striker will be joining in the next few weeks.

I’m not interested in Wolves either. I see them as no more a threat than yourselves. Top 6 is a target further down the line.
he showed more at Championship level than Grealish in terms of actual end product

when you're back in the Championship you mean?

Last edited:

Back