Ashes tickets

My mate would not commit to go so did not end up doing a couple of days at Headingly.

Test prices are a disgrace in England mind

And yet the grounds sell out at those extortionate prices so there is clearly a market willing to pay. Lowering the prices would just increase the demand and make it even harder to get tickets.

The tickets for the Ireland Test were much more reasonable so looking forward to a good day out there then back to the Oval next year.

I’ve got every day of the oval test in the pavilion for around £470 (around £110-115 for days 1-4 and £20 for day 5). It’s obscenely expensive but at least I have no travel or accommodation costs as I live in South London, and I’m guaranteed to have a good view. I also can’t see it getting any cheaper (other than perhaps for an Ireland or Bangladesh test etc.) in the future.

For those doing Headingley I’ve just got a cheap train return (assuming that £47 from NCL pre-railcard is cheap these days). No idea how when the Trainline says that the cheapest advances aren’t out, but it won’t be the last time the system confuses me.

Last edited:
For those doing Headingley I’ve just got a cheap train return (assuming that £47 from NCL pre-railcard is cheap these days). No idea how when the Trainline says that the cheapest advances aren’t out, but it won’t be the last time the system confuses me.
Didn’t think trains would be on sale yet, I’ll get on it now!

As soon as you put Headingley on the train price shot up. So just Leeds for now.
Thought it may, I pay around £27 return York to Sunderland via Newcastle with a railcard when I go to matches. I'm lucky it's only a 30 min drive to Headingley for me but a pain in the bum parking at Beckets Park. You should be able to get return from Leeds to Burley Park for around £7.00

How did you get it mate?

Edgbaston have a resale site, few on for each day

Back