Ashes Team/Thread

2 weeks until the 1st test is it? Doubt Wood will be fit in that case

1st August start, so looking unlikely

I still think we could open with Bairstow and Roy, they obviously play well together and it could potentially cause the Aussies some concern knowing that bad balls may well go the distance

Last edited:

1st August start, so looking unlikely

I still think we could open with Bairstow and Roy, they obviously play well together and it could potentially cause the Aussies some concern knowing that bad balls may well go the distance
Does YJB keep the gloves if he's opening? That would be a big ask if he's been in the field for 5 sessions

Does YJB keep the gloves if he's opening? That would be a big ask if he's been in the field for 5 sessions

No, Buttler is fine behind the stumps for me. I know Bairstow wants to be WK but I do think he would be better off concentrating on his batting and cementing a place in all squads

No, Buttler is fine behind the stumps for me. I know Bairstow wants to be WK but I do think he would be better off concentrating on his batting and cementing a place in all squads
Problem is, Bairstow wants the gloves and seems to sulk when he loses them.

Not saying we should pander to egos but we need to get the best out of every player

Problem is, Bairstow wants the gloves and seems to sulk when he loses them.

Not saying we should pander to egos but we need to get the best out of every player

Agree with that, but I just have this nagging feeling those two opening could give us something different that might give us an edge

I have tickets to day 3 at Headingley on the Saturday, wanting to do day 4 as there is no trains running back to London due to works so thought would make another day of it but can't find tickets if anyone knows anyone who maybe able to sort? Needing 2.

Virdi with 14/139 against Notts late shout to be the spinner?

Ashwin 12/144 in the same match so perhaps just a proper bunsen. Odd for Trent Bridge

Back