Are you happy with Netflix?

Finding Prime irritating. Loads that need buying or renting for 3£ a pop; wouldn’t mind but we like b&w movies and paying for summat 60yrs auld is a bit iffy
Spend longer looking for what to watch across all the platforms as well tbh

Honestly think it's shite, so is Amazon. Sky is the winner overall even in terms of films ,it's got everything.

I'm sure that's true if you want the latest film releases but I prefer TV series to films so the choice is closer. The Netflix films I have watched with a handful of exceptions have been terrible

I cancelled Netflix over the summer but have just restarted it. I reckon it makes decent value if you subscribe for a month or two at at time then cancel for a while to build up enough worth watching.

Amazon Prime I have for the delivery so the TV is effectively a free extra but I wouldn't pay for it on its own. Don't watch much on it as their interface makes it harder to find stuff.

It's a victim of its own success. Now all the studios and whatnot that make stuff want the money for themselves so bring out their own service. And assuming they've not sold the right to older content, can create their own back catalogue. Netflix don't have that so are going through times of making good stuff, and making shit. Quite why Disney make so much shit I don't know as they have a massive back catalogue to get people invested with buying half of the studios out there.

Downloading some stuff for a flight coming up but it's ringing a bell that when you come to watch it has some kind of territory block on it?
Anyone confirm ,only fly once a year these days . Ta

Downloading some stuff for a flight coming up but it's ringing a bell that when you come to watch it has some kind of territory block on it?
Anyone confirm ,only fly once a year these days . Ta
I couldn’t watch certain things i had downloaded when I went to Mexico but I was ok on the flight there iirc.

Netflix is pretty poor. The amount of time I spent scrolling for something new to watch is ridiculous.

The problem is too much choice.
It’s a generational problem of not being satisfied.

Like scrolling through pron
Hub. One would do the job but there maybe something that much better in the next scene.

This is exactly what I said in my op. Some shows drag on and on and you get fed up of them. Owt to do with a murder goes on for hours
Spot on.
Hidden Assets series two of the Irish-Belgian crime thing lost me two thirds of the way through last week. I’ll not be returning. The first series nearly lost me anarl but I liked the lead cops. The Belgian cop feller who I thought was ganna gan off the rails and the blonde Irish lass cop who was a singer in the commitments. She’s been transferred to Madrid off screen (probably asked for a pay rise) and her replacements even more wooden.

Berlin Babylon was even harder work.
There's too many streaming services now. If I want to watch a few different series I can be pretty certain they'll be spread out over 3 or 4 of these services. As a result I never stay with any of them, none of them have enough good, fresh content to justify a recurring monthly fee. Just watch what I fancy on one, cancel it, move to another one. A month with each a year is more than enough imo. Only one I keep is amazon prime because I get deliveries with them. Would happily pay a bit more for one service with everything, rather then prime, Netflix, now TV, apple TV, Disney plus, paramount plus etc all wanting a subscription
There’s talk of a couple of amalgamations as they’ve realised themselves that they’re taking the piss expecting to all be leaders in the field.

Last edited:
Spot on.
Hidden Assets series two of the Irish-Belgian crime thing lost me two thirds of the way through last week. I’ll not be returning. The first series nearly lost me anarl but I liked the lead cops. The Belgian cop feller who I thought was ganna gan off the rails and the blonde Irish lass cop who was a singer in the commitments. She’s been transferred to Madrid off screen (probably asked for a pay rise) and her replacements even more wooden.

Berlin Babylon was even harder work.

There’s talk of a couple of amalgamations as they’ve realised themselves that they’re taking the piss expecting to all be leaders in the field.
Would make sense. I know it's different to the music industry but you look at music streaming and (with a few exceptions where certain artists aren't available on a service) you can generally choose which service you like best in terms of price/ layout etc and it doesn't matter if it's Spotify, YouTube premium, amazon music unlimited etc, you can listen to virtually anything on any of them.

Like I say, I know it's a bit different when Netflix, for example, are paying to produce content but they've got to move towards that model. I had a list of things I wanted to watch/ rewatch (sopranos, walking dead, sons of anarchy, 24 etc) and I think they were all on different services. Same with films, if you have 5 films you fancy watching they're probably spread out on the different services. Would happily pay £20/ £25 or something a month to have a service which has most of the things I want to watch, and it would actually be worth keeping it active

Netflix is still my main source of TV, however you can see the writer's strike is starting to bite now. A lot of the new content is either foreign, or stuff they have bought from the BBC or Channel 4.

I have a prime login. I have Now tv entertainment for £2.99 and will bin it when it runs out in May. I have not had netflix for at least a year but will get it if I'm struggling to find anything else. £4.99 with adverts is a bargain. there are hardly any adverts.

Football and the odd series is about all I watch. I reckon if I had nothing else then Channel 4 would suffice

Back