Are you happy with Netflix?

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
Basically being the go to place to watch most tv and that it seems to be taking over from cinema?

For me I think a lot of their shows drag on and on for too long. Using and example ‘The Vanishing At The Cecil Hotel’ was a 30 minute story but was 4 hours long over 4 episodes. It was interspersed with talking heads who were suggesting all types of implausibility when in the end there had simply been a small and plausible accident.

If you watch American TV documentaries they’re largely sensationalist where as here in the uk we tend to be a bit more to the point and present the evidence. BBC make some great stuff such as storyville, Louis Theroux, Nick Broomfield and Adam Curtis.

Anyway you have to think cinema seems to be a dying pursuit really and the smaller more interesting films seem to be propped up by the blockbusters like Marvel etc.

I Pay for basic Sky and Netflix and cant say either are great but they're canny for the money
Problem is like free streaming music you can just bail out anytime
10 minutes into a film,nahh i'm not watching that

Agree with both comments above. When it was new it was canny with some decent series. Subsequently we’ve had a lot of mainstream cack and padded out with old movies. I struggle to find owt decent or that I haven’t seen on there these days.

Binned it a while ago because I rarely used it, even then I spent more time searching than watching. When they come up with a new series that appeals I'll take out a sub and cancel again.

Netflix is pretty poor. The amount of time I spent scrolling for something new to watch is ridiculous.
I see people saying they’re having a night of Netflix, over and over and wonder what they’re watching as I can never see owt of any interest on there
I Pay for basic Sky and Netflix and cant say either are great but they're canny for the money
Problem is like free streaming music you can just bail out anytime
10 minutes into a film,nahh i'm not watching that
Aye that’s life these days isn’t it. I use Roger Ebert most of the time and read a lot of film reviews before. Probably watch 7/8 films a week like.

Last edited:
I love the flexibility of Netflix especially as I have a Static Caravan on the west coast of Scotland.
It’s a lot better with it along side council Telly the knars

I see people saying they’re having a night of Netflix, over and over and wonder what they’re watching as I can never see owt of any interest on there

Aye that’s life these days isn’t it. I use Roger Ebert most of the time and read a lot of film reviews before. Probably watch 7/8 films a week like.
I'd use something like the tyne theatre a lot if i was nearer
Someone has done the homework rather than me and you get some good low key stuff to watch

Very happy with it and think it’s outstanding value for the cost. I am basing this on the fact I use my brother‘s log in details and don’t pay a penny. Never really watch it much tbh

I'd use something like the tyne theatre a lot if i was nearer
Someone has done the homework rather than me and you get some good low key stuff to watch
Do you mean the Tyneside cinema?

I use that often. There was loads of Kubrick films on recently and I went to all of them. It’s a shame Sunderland doesn’t have similar.

What about the rest of the content? News, sport, children’s educational series, weather, local news, recipes, radio stations that cater for all tastes etc etc etc. ?
Yes but a lot of people dont want those from television and just want to watch series and movies. So aye to some netflix is better value. Many dont watch live TV at all now.

Back