Are The Moralists Still Not Watching?

The football matches have been f***ing brilliant. Off the pitch, it looks very plastic & boring. Sanitised is the word I wanted to use, but that feels like that was the point.

And people call international football boring. It really isn’t, tournament football proves that. Club football has it’s moments but is a lot more boring imo.

International tournament football is canny, qualifiers etc are shite. Club football may be more boring but that's likely because there are far more matches.

They wont be able to watch 2026 World Cup either....its in USA....lots of hatred over there with religion , race , politics , gays etc.......and people carry weapons and cause mass shooting....so the poor moralists will have to wait to 2030
I think you've got the wrong end of the stick here..

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick here..
we could go through different countries morals all night......we certainly as a country are not angels...........as for USA well people in Qatar will look at them and see hatred , murders , rape , etc etc.........so if the moralists are not watching football matches because of the terror , hatred in other countries then USA will be a boycott too

Just watch football and them great players and unity they have.....leave your morals out of it

Qatar is still in the dark ages but they have made big strides lately. Tournaments like this surely encourage these countries to take a look at their laws and practices and move them closer to the rest of the world. The criticism is warranted but I support it for the reasons above.

I haven't watched any. I haven't tried to convert anyone or foist my views on anyone else about it either. Ive only outlined my position when asked iirc. If people want to watch it then so be it. For me personally, I don't feel like I can. As long as I don't try and impose on anyone else then I hope people would return the favour and respect my position as well.

I haven't watched any. I haven't tried to convert anyone or foist my views on anyone else about it either. Ive only outlined my position when asked iirc. If people want to watch it then so be it. For me personally, I don't feel like I can. As long as I don't try and impose on anyone else then I hope people would return the favour and respect my position as well.
Thats pretty much my attitude too. I wasn't comfortable with it being in Qatar, and still haven't watched a second of it.

Back